Here's Yaksha!

edited April 2008 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)

Hi, i'm Yaksha

12 weeks old and for exactly one week now living in a new home.  My new owner saved me from boredom in the shop.  When i first saw him i knew that was the one i was waiting for so i gave him a lick over his nose and gave him my cutest puppy shiba face a puppy can give.  It took him over two hours to decide but in the end i won!

My hobbies are chasing my own shadow,  puzzling treats out of my kong, loosen all the ribbons of the baskets, taking a nap on the balcony, chew on my leash and lick the noses of my two new owners.

Laughing

Comments

• RyuRyu
    edited November -1

cute cute cute!!! i love the white tip on his tail!!

• edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum and welcome to the wild ride of raising a Shiba puppy! Yaksha is adorable. The white on the end of the muzzle is stunning.
  • edited November -1
    very cute! I like the white as well.
  • edited November -1
    gorgeous markings on your girl! she'll keep you busy busy busy
  • edited November -1

I think if you tell him he's a girl he'll scream Tsukitsune Smile

• edited November -1
    oh i'm sorry!! my apologies to the little MAN !
  • edited November -1

lol  accepted

you're right about the busy busy busy thing though.

I work in night shifts and for the past week i only slept an average of 4 hours a day and i love it,  his energy reflects on me and i feel much better since he came into our lives. 

• edited November -1
    The only word I can come up with is precious!!
  • edited November -1
    I love the dignity shot.  Shows the true nature of our Shibas.  Where did you find Yaksha and where does his new family live?
  • edited November -1

On a rainy sunday my girlfriend wanted to go to the pet store,  even though i don't like to go cause i feel sorry for all the dogs there i gave in, so we went.

He was behind a glass window and while Sarah ( my gf ) was walking around petting the puppies my attention went to one particular window and then i noticed there were 3 Shiba Inu's sleeping there.  I asked if i could take a look and then i was sure they were.  Yaksha was the one grabbing my attention and licked my nose to say hi.  I discussed it with my gf, was a bit angry cause i looked into a lot of information about the Shiba and didn't like they were in this store.  I stayed there, weighed all the pros and contras and decided to give him a home where he will be taken care off worthy of a Shiba.

We took the money we normally would've payed our new furniture with and took him home with us. 

He's perfectly healthy, lively, friendly and very social.  Apparantly they stayed with the mother till the end of 9th week, moved to the store in the 10th week and i got him when he was 11 weeks old.  He had only 1 week vacation in the store and i'm very glad of that.

Now he lives with us in Belgium in a duplex apartment close to woods and lakes.  I think there was some help from above that i meet this little pup.

I don't have any regrets and the vet cleared him and said he was a very polite and friendly pup in good condition.

So starting this thursday were going to the puppy class and are on our way to become best mates.

• edited November -1
    Hi Yaksha! Welcome to the pack!

That boy is cute!
  • edited November -1
    What a CUTIE!!! Welcome.
  • edited November -1

Something tells me the little boy is gonna be spoiled rotten, as he should be.  Welcome to the Shiba family!

I loved visiting Belgium and its people a few years back.  I fit in so well that I would have strangers walk up to me and ask for directions in French, neither of which I could help them with.  I have a blown up picture on my wall from Gent and very fond memories.

• edited November -1

Gent is a very nice city,  only been there once in my life because it's just too far but a cool town. Did you see other places also?

And thank you all for all the nice remarks.

• edited November -1
    What a cutie! Keep us updated with pictures as Yaksha grows up. Welcome to the forum.
This discussion has been closed.