Smelly Shiba

edited August 2008 in General
Well, i have bathed my Shinra several times now. He still has a very...well musky dog odor.Do shibas just have a natural dog stink?I can only smell it when i snuggle him but hes a stinky pants.

included a picture maybe you can see the green stink lines comming off of him =P

Comments

• edited November -1
    something might be up, my shibas don't smell like much of anything.

When Tsuki was a pup, we pulled her from a not so great place, and for months she smelled like piddled on wood chips, it took a long time to get that out of her coats.
  • edited November -1
    How many times have you bathed your Shiba in the past week? o___o; Shibas clean themselves. Your Shiba should only be bathed once every 3-4 months or so. Bathing gets rid of the oils and such in their coat.

Doesn't a musky smell come from being wet? Do you blow dry him after washing him?
  • edited November -1
    Shiba's dont tend to have an odor, I love the smell of Niko. Now my mix reeks like a dog almost all the time. What kind of shampoo are you using? You should not have to bathe your shiba that much, maybe 2x a year?
    Now I dont see any stink rays, but he is too cute!
  • edited November -1
    hi Steph!!!!
    good point on the over bathing!
  • edited November -1
    We've washed him twice in 4 weeks =/ he was fithy cause the breeder let him go outside alot and he would play in a pool then roll in dirt and what not.We towel dry.

Ur responses make me want to cry.

---peace
  • edited November -1
    Why cry??
  • edited November -1
    why cry? this forum is such an amazing tool for learning and sharing experiences!
    we learn from one another, nothing to be sad about!

for what its worth, i don't blow dry my dogs. :)
  • edited November -1
    Niko would eat the blow dryer if we used it.
    What kind of food is he on? That may be a cause also.
  • edited November -1
    Maybe brush him out?
  • edited November -1
    FurFace rarely smells....but if he does, I usually just brush him for a couple of minutes and that works just fine...Ive heard that rubbing a nice smelling dryer sheet on a dog works...