Missy has a bad leg

edited September 2008 in General
I'm so worried about missy, she has hurt her leg and cannot lie comfy and screams in pain, we are taking her to the vet in a short while, I feel like crying at the moment. She is putting slight weight on the foot but is tending to lift it. I don't think t is broke actually i'm sure it's not. It doesn't hurt her when we touch it. she was ok when I went to work this morn and the kids say she was ok. til about 11, she had been playing out with Ozzy in the back yard just before. I feel terrible I want to cry with her. She still trying to play with Ozzy though but we have managed to make her rest

Comments

• edited November -1
    Is it possible she stepped in something sharp and that it might be stuck in her pad?

Please let us know how it goes at the vet.
  • edited November -1
    checked all her pads to be extra sure
  • edited November -1
    Awww, poor girl. Please do let us know how it goes at the vet.
  • edited November -1
    Aww...Poor Missy. I hope everything goes well at the vet. Please keep us updated!
  • edited November -1
    Good luck with Missy. Hopefully they give her some pain meds to make her feel better. I wonder if it's a cruciate tear.
  • edited November -1
    poor thing, keep us posted! To me it sounds like it may be her pad.
  • edited November -1
    Aww. Poor Missy! I hope everything is okay, and keep us updated!
  • edited November -1
    Hi been to the vets they have given her a extra strong pain killer, she has to go for x rays tomoz they think she has a gren fracture or she may have dislocated her hip but those are the worst sinoreos but we won,t know till 2moz. I am so worried about her. Ozzy keeps going over to her and kissing her to see if she is ok. Vet said that we have to keep them apart so Ozy doen't bug her. We're not allowed to feed her at the moment which means Ozzy won't eat because he will only eat with her. We have took him an extra long walk to tire him out. I'll post again when I know more wish her luck
  • edited November -1
    Awww, poor girl. :-( That's just terrible. Hugs to her.
  • edited November -1
    Sending good vibes to Missy!
  • edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about this - hope you get better news tomorrow
  • edited November -1
    Gosh I hope they are wrong on what they think it is and its just something minor. Poor girl. :o(
  • edited November -1
    Aww poor thing!!! I hope she gets better quickly so she can play with Ozzy!
  • edited November -1
    Took Missy back to the vets this morning, after staying up with her all night as she was screaming at times with the pain in her leg, this was the scheduled visit that i was dreading. BUt halaluya everything is ok you would not beleive MIssyt walked as if there was nothing wrong with her leg. even the vet laughed. I nearly called him out in the night as well.

but I don't care shew is ok he reckons a strain in the groin area caused it. She is house bound for 5 daysand has a of tablets to take over the next 5 days
  • edited November -1
    It's so good to hear that nothing is broken or dislocated, that would have been awful.
  • edited November -1
    Seriously. This sounds like the best possible outcome.
  • edited November -1
    defo It just trying to keep her rested at the moment don't think thats going to haapen though lol
  • edited November -1
    WOW! That's great news, I'm so glad it wasn't bone/joint related - she's to young for that!

We are sending Missy good vibes from the Anderson pack!

----
  • edited November -1
    Glad to hear all is a-okay with Missy. :)
    Sending lots of get well vibes to her!
  • edited November -1
    It could be pano, or maybe she might have bumped it hard somewhere while playing and it is sore.
  • edited November -1
    Oh yeah, I don't know why I didn't think of pano. :-/