Hokkaido (Lots of Pictures)

edited January 2009 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
I thought I'd just peek in and give an update on Hokkaido. :) Hopefully I did it right.

We've had him almost two months now and he's settled in just fine. His worst habit at the moment is chasing the cats - totally expected, so I got lucky. :)

He's having a slight problem with housetraining, preferring to hide in the kitchen rather than going to the door, but we are making progress. He loves walks and people. The only socialization issue I have with him is that he wants to play with EVERYONE.

He's not shown any aggression at all towards other dogs, even when one was very clearly aggressive towards him.

Annnd.....ON with the pictures!
100_1861
100_1806
Hokkaido vs The Phonebook 2
Hokkaido vs The Phonebook
Puppy In Apartment
100_1663
100_1589

And video bonuses!

Comments

• edited November -1
    now, Hokkaido is a shiba, right? He looks so big and puffy!

Does he get eye stains often?
  • edited November -1
    Those phone book pictures are great.
  • edited November -1
    He is a puffy cream shiba! Yikes, soo cute.

I know the shredding all too well...i have to go get a new passport now :P
  • edited November -1
    CUTE! I like the snow vid. He is a beefy little guy!
  • edited November -1
    He is indeed a shiba...even though his name is Hokkaido and we call him Kai for short. :P

And yes, the staining is a constant problem with him. I try to keep his eyes wiped out but I'm fighting a losing battle. :(
  • edited November -1
    I asked about his eyes, because our cream had reddish runny eyes whenever she ate anything with chicken or beef (either in kibble or a basted bone) in it. And she'd get greenish goup whenever she ate anything with an excess of grains (wheat, rice, soy, corn, etc).

Maybe he has a food sensitivity?
  • edited November -1
    What a cutie... And it definitely looks like he had a TON of fun with that phone book. :)
  • edited November -1
    He is adorable. He looks like a stuffed animal Shiba, haha. SO CUTE!
  • edited November -1
    So cute, I love the creamy's! You could almost loose him in the snow!

Try angels eyes for the tear stains, also foods with brewers yeast or beet pulp add to the tear staining.
  • edited November -1
    so cute, that bone must have been heaven
This discussion has been closed.