Random Pup Spam

edited April 2009 in General
Here are some photos of the pups, taken with my new lens, huzzah!

IMGP4836

IMGP4796

IMGP4899

IMGP4893

IMGP4890

IMGP4881

IMGP4874

IMGP4867

Comments

• edited November -1
    That's such a beautiful environment for the pups to run around in. I can't remember where you're located, but I sure am jealous! Beautiful dogs and photography, too, to compliment the landscape :)

I borrowed a friend's nice camera for some pictures I am taking as a favor and I think I'm in love. I've spent the last 2 days snapping the dogs and can't wait to invest in my own equipment. Hope I get results half as decent as yours!
  • edited November -1
    Looks great Heidi!

What's the new lens. (I'm such a gear head... :-))
  • edited November -1
    Wow, what nice pics. We are gonna have an awesome calender next year :)
  • edited November -1
    Love that first shot of Rakka lying in wait.

The best part about the dry dead grass of spring and fall is seeing how well a Shiba can blend into it.
  • edited November -1
    The second to last show of Tojo is great!

The pups look like they're having a blast.
  • edited November -1
    Aww. wow. I agree, really nice landscape and photos.
  • edited November -1
    Those are some great pics...If Rakka weren't wearing a collar, you'd think we were looking at a wild animal
  • edited November -1
    Lovely photos Heidi!

And the tan grasses make it look especially neat because of the dogs coat color. I agree about the photos of Rakka. But then Brad has photos of Loa where she looks exactly like a coyote. And I have some of Kuma too where he looks more wild than domesticated.

What camera and lens do you have?
  • edited November -1
    Some great pictures!!!! Love them!!!!
  • edited November -1
    OOOH! What kind of new lens did you get???

And the pups look great. It is awesome that you live where they can run around and play.
  • edited April 2009
    Heidi uses a Pentax / K200D.

Her new lens goes to at least 300mm and is a Sigma. I'm thinking maybe the 70-300, unless maybe she shelled out the big bucks for the Sigma AF APO 100-300mm F4 EX DG HSM Lens for Pentax.

You can learn a lot from the "more properties" on flickr.

Looking at more photos the lens goes down to at least 93mm, so it's gotta be a 70-300, I would guess. But there are a couple different options for that lens.
  • edited November -1
    LOL. I went through the same deductive process Brandon. :-) I just gave up and decided to ask her though.
  • edited November -1
    *Cough*CameraGeeks*Cough*
  • edited November -1
    LOL Kristin!

Those are great pictures!! I wish I understood anything about photography, but at least I can manage to turn the camera on to get memories :o)
  • edited November -1
    Stunning pix!
  • edited November -1
    Great pics! Congrats on the new lens too. :o)

I really like the 1st pic of Rakka and the first one of Skella... also the last one of Rakka.

You take wonderful pics. We don't get enough spam from you!

----
  • edited November -1
    YES! SO happy you decided to gi with the lens, means more spammage for Osy.

SOOOOOooooo MORE SPAM PLEASE! GO PRACTICE WITH YOUR NEW LENS!!! [ 2nd pic of Rakka my favorite, it'd be my new desktop picture but I've grown really attached to Kona being on there lol Maybe I'll pu her on my mac ] ~
  • edited November -1
    Beautiful pics, Heidi!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks for the compliments, folks.

Detective Brandon has it figured out. It's the Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens. Next on the lens shopping list is a nice prime lens. Pentax is known for its high quality prime lenses, so I'm pretty excited about that. I just have to stop being dirt poor, lol.
  • edited November -1
    That Sigma lens takes really nice shots. Maybe I'll have to get a Sigma for my next lens instead of shelling out for a Nikon. I'd like to get another lens before I go back to school, because I know I wont be getting one during the two years I am in school. Too bad what I want is a super wide angle and those are never cheap. Well maybe that's what I want...
  • edited November -1
    Definitely love the first Rakka photo.

With a lens like this, you should try and get some more action shots. I bet they'll turn out great! You have the background for them. So...we need some more spam of your pack!