Sigh...any suggestions for Dog Urine??

edited April 2009 in Products & DIY
Well, I thought I'd seen it all, but this about takes the cake in testing patience. I left to take our van in for servicing and left kahlo here....despite the fact that it was less than an hour and she had been fully walked this AM for pee/poop she decided to pee on leti's side of the bed (which I'm pretty sure will become my side of the bed)...but I've got natures miracle which I used...but I want this to be like 100% clean/de-oderized...sigh...if possible.....

Aside from the pee on the bed, I also immediately realized this is a behavior issue...any suggestions??

Comments

• edited November -1
    We doused our bed with Nature's Miracle quite a few times after the middle of the night Keiko incident. I still didn't like the idea of sleeping on it so we flipped the mattress until we're ready to buy a new one - something we'd been wanting to do anyway, which has been drastically bumped up the priority list.

Sorry that's not really all that helpful ...

I did wonder if you could get nature's miracle to go in a deep cleaner and use it on a mattress... just not really sure how it would work.
  • edited November -1
    If you are worried about pee that has soaked into the mattress, you can clean your mattress with a strong bleach and water solution (unless it's memory foam or something really fancy expensive). A regular bed will take a bleaching and keep on going, it doesn't look pretty but that's what sheets are for.

As for the bedding itself, just wash it with natures miracle in the washing machine.
  • edited November -1
    I got some of those Sham-wow things at Petsmart (I know, they sound stupid). Ike (trying to think good thoughts) did a naughty in the off limits guest room while I was in the shower. I should have gated it off, it's my fault. He was aiming for the garbage can, which was nice of him, but he still left a spot for me to deal with.

Anyways, those chamis things really soaked up the majority without pounding it into the carpet. The Nature's Miracle took care of the rest, and stud urine reaks by the way. I just have to remain consistent with exercise, potty breaks, and keeping off limits areas gated off, with keeping him in his area when I am busy in the house.
  • edited November -1
    I've been dying to get Sham-wow... I'm a sucker for advertising... this is the PERFECT excuse!
  • edited November -1
    sham-wow... lol. there are some really funny images on the internet, but they have explicit language so i'll not post it.
    its like a huge joke here. nice to hear it works.
  • edited November -1
    You should consider getting a waterproof mattress cover protector. :)
  • edited November -1
    Get Serious works awesome on carpet, never tried on a mattress though..

So, Lindsay, is all you have to say is "sham - WOW!". That commercial kills me.
  • edited November -1
    Try Anti-Icky Poo... The CSI Guys use it to clean up dead bodies... Works wonders on cat urine. You can get it on ebay for a reasonable price or see if your local pet store or vet carries it

http://www.mistermax.com/
  • edited November -1
    :) That guy in the commercial is, umm, a bit over zealous.