Ever had a sighing battle with your shiba?

edited May 2009 in Shiba Inu (柴犬)
Background story: When people are over they usually want kelly to do tricks. The funny thing about shibas is that they usually ignore strangers or need motivation. so whenever my friends insist on her doing a trick, she would actually sigh as to signal that they are annoying. we always thought this was hilarious.

the other night, me and her had a sighing battle. she was napping on my couch and i was cleaning my room so when i had to clean the couch i asked her to get off and she let out a big sigh. so i sighed back and she sighed again lol. this went on a few times, i wish i could have tape it.

Comments

• edited November -1
    lol! ahh, the Shiba sigh. :)
    Next time you MUST get a video!
  • edited November -1
    Lol How cute!
  • edited November -1
    haha the title alone made me lmao :)

Too cute. ~
  • edited November -1
    LOL. It's so funny!
    My Takumi signs a lot too.
  • edited November -1
    YES it is soo funny but can get annoying after a while. plus let's not humanize our dogs too much ;) :P
  • edited November -1
    Toby sighs so much! haha. :)
  • edited November -1
    I could get my shiba to yawn. I'd make an exaggerated yawn and within 20 seconds he would yawn too. I'd say it would work at least 75% of the time as long as I don't do it too many times in succession.

I guess it's like the feeling you might get seeing another person yawn.
  • edited November -1
    My wife and I often have 'sneeze fights' with our Shiba, Uther. He'll catch a wiff of something and sneeze, then we'll make an exaggerated sneezing sound. So far, we've managed to get him sympathetic sneezing about 15-20 times before he catches on...
This discussion has been closed.