Look What We Found...

edited July 2009 in General
So we were driving down a pretty busy road on our way to get some fast food (been very lazy with cooking lately), and Tom shouts, "there's a kitten!"

We pull into a nearby parking lot and walk over to find a dead cat and a kitten sitting next to it. The kitten was meowing it's head off and we managed to catch it before it ran into the street.

Well, after keeping it for a bit, Tom has fallen in love with it (Tom's first kitten experience). So depending on how well the boys and kitten adjust to each other, we may or may not keep it. We think it's a boy (I think a feel something but not quite sure), but we'll find out for sure when we bring it to the vet later tonight.

Right now, it's in a big dog crate that my sister no longer wants, and the dogs are doing pretty well with not trying to scare the crap out of it (a few times of being thrown in a far corner for every bark and they now just stare at it).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

If it's a boy, my mom wants us to name it TC for Tom's Cat since it would be a tomcat.

Comments

• edited November -1
    OH MY!!!! How cute!!!!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    Awww, that kitteh is too cute! Poor dead cat, do you think it was it's momma?
  • edited November -1
    What a cute little kitty!!!
  • edited November -1
    I think maybe it was. The nips were pretty big and there wasn't really any other cat in sight
  • edited November -1
    This is how I found Chanel. Dead momma and kitten crying. We took her home to save her and were planning on finding her a permanent home......18 years later....she's laying on the couch right now.
  • edited November -1
    *Kyla's heart explodes from too much cuteness*
  • edited November -1
    I. Am. So. Jealous.

Orange kittens with blue eyes are my FAVORITE furballs. In fact, I caught a feral one at our last apartment and it turned out to be WAY to wild to keep. I was sort of heartbroken. You are so lucky. He looks like a spitfire. I want him.
  • edited November -1
    I'm not quite sure if the eyes are going to be blue or green. Does anyone know at about what age a kitten finishes developing their eye color? Right now, from previous experience, we are guessing his age is somewhere between 8-12 weeks.
  • edited November -1
    Awwwwww!!!!! ADORABLE! ~
  • edited November -1
    Tikaani is like "Mom, I think there's something fuzzy and eat-able on my head!!"

What a cute furrball :oD <3 Teh Kitteh!
  • edited November -1
    He's really cute! (I think it's a boy too, based on colouring)
    Seems like a confident little guy too!
  • edited November -1
    Looks about 8 weeks, but could be older and just runty from bad nutrition. Sucks for his momma :( Lucky find on an orange boy kitty. He kinda looks like he has a URI.
  • edited November -1
    He is definitely a cute cat. Very adorable. I hope he's in good health.
  • edited November -1
    He looks like he'd be trouble ;-) My roomates and I rescued some kittens in college (found them in a box) and they had fleas and worms, other than that healthy and we needed to bottle feed them as they were tiny. 15 years later, my "kitten" (Uncle to Shao New) is still alive and going strong! Horray for Tom saving Tom Cat's life!

Tikaani is so freaking cute and docile.
  • edited November -1
    You guys keep finding all these cute animals.
  • edited November -1
    Fluffy orange kitty...... <3 :)
  • edited November -1
    tomkat? you named him after tom cruise/katie holmes. that's horrible! lol, jk
  • edited November -1
    that is awesome! i took a cat in the same way when i was younger. she was about 3 weeks old when i got her. her name was DC (damn cat) as my dad wasnt too fond of it at first. it soon became his favorite.
  • edited November -1
    Aww <3
  • edited November -1
    Soo cute, definitely a keeper!!!!!!!!! The whole eye color changing thing happens between 6-12 weeks.
  • edited November -1
    pretty kitty :)
  • edited November -1
    That kitty looks like a troublemaker! ;P
  • edited November -1
    OMG that kitty is such a cutie I love that second and third picture the second one looks like he/she is planning something lol.

I hope your dogs will like them my shiba Saya loves our cats she just wags her tail at them and lick them sadly our cats are not fond of dogs so they just run away. =\
  • edited November -1
    adorable!!