Fun on Long Island, NY (meet up 8-16-09)

2»

Comments

• edited November -1
    yeah they love to playfight.
  • edited November -1
    lol I think the thumb wrestling looks more like holding hands and having a heart-to-heart. It's cute =0)
  • edited November -1
    I love all of these pics! It looks like such a fun time. They really look like they are all best friends and have lost all sense of personal space. Very endearing :)
  • edited November -1
    OK sorry I'm late, but here are some pics that we took:

Photobucket

Saying HI to Takaani:

Photobucket

Rico Suave:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the Codys:

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • edited November -1
    lol. I love the comment about the butt check. Pong does it all the time to the dogs at work :)
  • edited August 2009
    So we had another shiba inu meet up, this time around inside and outside. I won't bore you with the details, so here's the spam:

Photobucket
    Photobucket

By the looks of it, Katsu may have watched one of those cursed video tapes...
    Photobucket
    ...And spreading laser vision amongst some of her friends
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Looks like Tom made a new friend
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

This is Yuki, a rescue pulled from the shelter on Thursday and currently in foster care. She is such a sweet heart, I wish I could steal her
    Photobucket

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

BAMF!!
    Photobucket

Photobucket

Tikaani's favorite thing to do when playing
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

And since everyone loves Katsu so much, a section dedicated to her
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
  • edited November -1
    damn you got those pics up fast. It was alot of fun, although it was a little stinky inside.
  • edited November -1
    Yeah, I know, I'll try to find a place that's a little less stinky for the winter. At least we got to try it out
  • edited November -1
    Glad you got to do an indoor meet. Sometimes they are bit hit or miss, but it's nice to have an option!
  • edited November -1
    Awesome everyone got along so well, even the newbie rescue. It is amazing how many nice dogs there are. Lets hope Yuki finds a nice home soon.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Great pics! I need to find more shiba people around here, or people to convert to shiba people.

Tikaani loves to lay on Shao New, huh?
  • edited November -1

• edited August 2009
    Yeah, the first pic of Tikaani on Shao New I'm sure she was wondering.."ok..should i start panicking?" lol...It was really fun to see them all play again today. Glad nobody posted the pic of her/my accident ;-)

I feel like an idiot, in my haste to get out the door with her I forgot the camera, goodies, and my brain. I blame the heat.

I still think Beth did a great job organizing this, at least we all had fun and that's what's most important. We'll just keep trying indoors places until we find one we like! :-)
  • edited November -1
    we were all so suprised you peed on the floor!
  • edited November -1
    lol yeah, i can't control myself at times.
  • edited November -1
    It was a lot of fun, I can't believe how many pups did show up (even if half of them was from one person)

Tikaani can be a very physical player with his body checks, hip bumping, pushing against the wall and pinning. He loves to pin when the other animal is too fast or active for him to get a good body shot, and I think he liked the fact that Shao New wasn't struggling too much.
  • edited November -1
    Half of them from one person? Newly pulled rescue? That can only mean Michele Muse was there! I'm going to have to drag myself out to Long Island for a meetup one of these days - looks like fun!
  • edited November -1
    Yes you should! We'd love to have you and Snick come out.

Michelle is great, she really is a SHIBA LOVER and is doing so much for those dogs.
  • edited November -1
    Yep, Michele brought everyone but Sketch/Casper, which was all 3 of her pet shibas and 2 fosters. It was great to see Lucy again and get a preview of Yuki.
  • edited November -1
    WOW, Shao New has a very LONG snout! I never noticed before!

Great pictures! Everyone looks like they had an awesome time! I can't wait to see everyone in Sept!
  • edited August 2009
    Hey Kristin,

Joe and I were talking about this..and I *think* Beth may have mentioned it awhile back at our meetup, but Shao New (like Sake) may have been bred to look more like the ancient dogs. Joe also thinks she may Shikoku in her, which I'm now more tempted to believe, after looking at the Shkioku threads. Her head / crown is definitly flatter than the other creamies.

It's a wierd feeling, b/c everytime I see other creamies, I'm like WTF why does not look like them...but then I look at Sake pics and feel like she's not so different :) Regardless, she's our Spuds and we love her the way she is :)

Can't wait for the two long legged, less fluffy creamies to meet in September!

*Beth, no worries on Tikaani...I was telling Matthew how I don't mind driving out to meet up w/ you guys b/c you're all responsible for your dog's actions..the instant Tikaani starts getting a bit rough Tom's always right there which is nice :)
    Plus I think Spuds may get some enjoyment out of the fuzzy husky slowly laying down on her ;-)
  • edited November -1
    I love the picture of Tikaani with his paws in the water bowl... No one thought to bring him a bucket! :-P
  • edited November -1
    I was waiting for someone to pick up on that.
This discussion has been closed.