Serene (the Husky/mix) and I

edited May 2008 in Rescue
This was taken on Sunday by another volunteer when I was out at the humane society taking the pre-adopt dogs out. Her name is apparently now Serene, she came in as a stray and is up for adoption. I love her, and almost stole her (this happens weekly). She is pretty special though, she LOVES people and will jump up and give you kisses on the face, and lick you to death if you get down on her level.

Photobucket

If only I could get a second dog, of course if I could get more dogs I'd have a houseful by now. Her personality would be perfect opposite of Nemo though, she could show him that it's ok to love on everyone that comes through the door.

I'm guessing she will be adopted quickly, they are listing her as purebred Husky, but I'm not sold on it.

Edit...Well the HTML insert worked. When did the option for changing fonts and inserting pictures all disappear. Apparently I've fallen behind on things...

Comments

• edited November -1
    what a cutie!

I've been loading my pics to photobucket and then generating the html code for the images I want to post - so far, it's worked.
  • edited May 2008
    When did we get rid of all the image insert buttons and whatever? I don't have anything for changing font or image upload or any of that business.

And yes, she is really cute.
  • edited November -1
    Brad posted something about some problems he was having on the comments section. I can do the attachment, but it's not showing the image - so I went back to uploading to photobucket and using the HTML generator to put the image directly in.
  • edited November -1
    she's lovely! how could you not fall in love?
  • edited November -1
    She is cute! I dunno how tall you are but she look pretty small... like 40lb or so???

----

As for the text editor thing... yes, I killed it.

The "Rich Text Editor" we were using was released by Yahoo, it is part of the YUI components. They released a patch to fix an issue with IE, and I was seeing the issue pretty frequently so I figured it was time to do the upgrade/patch. It was supposed to be "transparent" to the end user (you guys).

It didn't go well, and was not a seamless patch. It ended up breaking things... so I backed it out for the time being and will implement it as soon as I have the time.

I have also started setting up a "Forum Development" server so I can make these changes and test w/o creating any [unintentional] forum down time.

sorry!

----
  • edited November -1
    I'm six foot. She is small, 40lbs sounds about right. I don't think she is full grown yet, but she wont be big. She can jump though.

----
    I don't mind the simple editor, now that LJ pointed out that you can just use HTML inserts, it works fine for me.
  • edited November -1
    I don't know, I had Siberians all my life and never saw one with ears quite that big! Otherwise does look like a purebred (outside of the big floppy ears). And 40 lbs is pretty normal for a Siberian female. Males should be around 50 to 55 lb.

I love Siberian personalities and would have more, but I didn't want to have to deal with their driven capacity to find their way out of a yard. Many (not all, but many) are very good at figuring out the weak spots and sneaking out).

Enjoy working with her! They are cool dogs.
  • edited November -1
    I really think there is a small bit of something else in her, no idea what though, she just doesn't look "quite right". She came in as a stray, most likely got out on someone, but they haven't picked her up so she is adoptable now I think.

I love Siberians and will have one someday. They are at the top of the list.

Twice I have chased down strays, and take them into the shelter. One of them I chased around on an interstate overpass bridge. That was terrifying. I thought it might jump over the railing. When I took that guy in, it was his 7th time there, the owners did nothing to keep him in the yard, but continued to pick him up at the shelter. It was so hot out that day, he was so happy to get into an air conditioned car.

The other one I chased down at a park, and he had tags on. Walked him home, the owner said "oh I just let him in the fenced yard (4 foot fence) while I took a shower". I told him he probably shouldn't do that anymore.
  • edited May 2008
    A couple nights ago we were walking the dogs and a pointer leaped a four foot fence with utter ease and was cornering us snarling. We kept walking home (like 1/2 block) got a flash light and a leash hoping he didn't take off. He was back in his yard, hopped the fence over again - owner no where in sight and not home when we knocked. Dumb. He was a beautiful dog too, someone could easily just take off with him - AND he was intact so he could easily hop his fence and 'create' more problems. I guess its lucky for the owner his dog didn't become another stray.
  • edited November -1
    She is quite beautiful!!! I love huskies. They have such a special place in my heart.
  • edited November -1
    Adorable dog! Looks like eyes of blue? I'm a sucker for those cats and dogs with Scandinavian eyes!
  • edited November -1
    She has one blue eye and one brown.