Can you volunteer for a shiba inu home visit?

edited December 2008 in Rescue
Hey Kristin,

I don't know if you live close enough to do this, but we need a home visit done in Mass. for a potential adopter of a shiba from NYC Shiba Rescue

Here are the specifics:
Hi everyone!
We are in need of a home visit for a potential adopter located in Norton Mass (about half way between Boston and Cape Cod). The adopter is available this weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon the 12th through the 15th). If you are available to do this home visit and help a pup go to a home before Christmas that would be incredible :)

If you CAN do it, contact the intake/adoption director directly, thanks!!

jennifer mauro
intake director and adoptions
jenn.mauro@nycshibarescue.org
nycshibarescue.org
856-207-1081 (cell)
212-658-9657 (fax)

Comments

• edited November -1
    I live right by there and I would love to help! Let me know what I need to do.
  • edited December 2008
    Contact Jenn Mauro, you'll have to fill out a volunteer form then she'll email you instructions on how to do the home check. The fastest way to get her is via her cell 856-207-1081 (cell). Just tell her that Jen Washicosky referred you. I'll be a reference for you on your volunteer form, too, if you want.

jennifer mauro
    intake director and adoptions
    jenn.mauro@nycshibarescue.org
    nycshibarescue.org
    856-207-1081 (cell)
    212-658-9657 (fax)

THANKS KRISTIN!!!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    Okay, I actually have the volunteer form, I was planning on sending it in after the hectic holidays, but I will do that right now! Thanks.
  • edited November -1
    I email her and tell her to expect your call and/or volunteer form.

Thanks so much Kristin!!
  • edited November -1
    Im sure she has it, but Can i get your phone number to put on the volunteer form as a reference? Thanks
  • edited November -1
    sure! 570-344-3754 home, 570-348-6278 work
  • edited November -1
    Just sent over the application! I will contact her if she doesn't call me on my lunch break. Thanks.
  • edited November -1
    Jenn asked for your reference, so you are on your way!

I said

"I've gotten to know Kristin through Shiba Inu related connections. She has a great relationship with her shibas and is an incredibly responsible canine caretaker. She is very dedicated to her pups, Miso and Sake. She knows what it takes to be shiba savvy and is one strong momma to be raising two well adjusted puppies (miso is just over a year and sake isn't a year yet). She takes time for socialization, knows a good deal about appropriate nutrition and takes the utmost care of her furry family.
    She is also involved in a great online resource, the nihon ken forum, which connects many shiba owners, rescuers, fanciers and a few breeders too. It is a learning and sharing environment and Kristin adds to it in a positive way.
    She has also owned rescues (huskies I believe) in the past and constantly talks about how she really wants to rescue again in the future when time and space allow it. Kristin knows what it means to open your heart and your home to animals who just need someone to love them, and she's got a lot of love to give! I believe she would be a great asset to the NYCSR volunteer family. "
  • edited November -1
    Thank you so much Jen! I am looking forward to getting involved with rescue again. It was always SO overwhelming but worth it in every way!