Kai Needs a home-Orlando, FL

edited December 2008 in Rescue
Just looking at petfinder and found a Kai listed. I will be contacting the adoption agency to see if I can schedule an appointment. I haven't done much research on the Kai and am leery on how how she will react to my Akita, Yorkie, and Cat... I might as well bring them along if I get to meet her lol

After staring at the pure black coat, it's starting to grow on me.

-Joe

Meet Juniper

Comments

• edited November -1
    Joe: I put my comments at the end of the other thread (what its really like to own a Kai...) -- check them out. What a beautiful doggie... I say yes to Juniper (or is it Boogie).... We need a few more Kai on this forum!
  • edited November -1
    what gender is your akita? i would be more concerned about how your akita will do with a new dog.

a properly socialized kai should do well with other dogs.

they have a high prey drive tho, so i dunno how she will do with your cat.

also, that kai looks to be a mix, so that will skew your results.
  • edited November -1
    what gender is your akita? i would be more concerned about how your akita will do with a new dog.

a properly socialized kai should do well with other dogs.

they have a high prey drive tho, so i dunno how she will do with your cat.

also, that kai looks to be a mix, so that will skew your results.
  • edited December 2008
    My akita is Female. She is also very well socialized. She will only bark if someone provoked her. She does very well when we bring dogs into the house. We also found a Yorkie a few years ago and Ninja did just fine.

I'm waiting for a response. hopefuly I can see more pictures. I know it's a mix so I would like to meet her. I absolutely love the Kai in MN.

I am also talking to several Shiba Inus in rescues (I gave up looking for a breeder lol) especially this Shiba/Jindo mix. I'm also waiting for Peggy's response for a Shika I doubt she'll say "yes" because I'm a college student in a Townhouse with a fenced backyard.

Other news: there apparently is a Kishu and Hokka on petfinder.

-Joe
  • edited November -1
    Joe can you link me to the hokka? That seems very unbelievable.
  • edited November -1
    Oops, guess I was sleepy.

It was a Tosa, not a Hokka. I'm on my cell phone right now and linking addresses do not work well.

So yeah, there apparently is a Tosa, Kishu, and Kai that needs adoptions!

-Joe