Shiba needs a home

edited December 2008 in Rescue
Yesterday I received a call that my friends best friends brother is giving up his 3 year old neutered male shiba. He asked if we would want him. Jay and I initially said we would meet him, but honestly we are just not emotionally prepared to fill the third slot in our pack, and we think our dogs are not ready.

This kid is a bit of a moron apparently, and we are a little concerned that he will just dump the dog on anyone. He is good with other dogs and is really cute. We just are not ready. I thought you might be interested in either adopting him (he is free) or perhaps fostering while I try to find a suitable home for him.

Feel free to call me.
I am going to meet him tomorrow night. But here is a picture of him.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Jessica,
    Oh how I wish I could. We have a 2 dog limit on our apartment! If we had a house we would totally do it, but we just don't have the room! Let me ask around to the dog people I know if they would be able to foster/adopt him. I know a few people who LOVE Miso and Sake and might be willing to foster at least. I will let you know.
  • edited November -1
    Hey Jess, I just wanted to let you know that a woman I work with is going to talk to her sister about Fostering Ricky. She has 2 children who have met Miso and Sake and LOVE them. All the kids talk about is going back to the beach with Aunt Peggy to see Miso and Sake the Shiba Inus! So I will let you know what she says. Hopefully we can at least get him into a foster home.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Kristin.
    I am going to talk to the owners dad tonight (tells you what a douche the owner is, he doesn't even need to meet the people interested in taking is dog). I am going to offer to help him rehome the dog. I don't know him personally. I am a friend of a friend and don't want to overstep anything. But he understands that I work in rescue and want to ensure that this dog ends up with people who understand the needs of a shiba.
  • edited November -1
    Do you know why he is giving him up? This makes me sad.
  • edited November -1
    He is moving and doesn't want to take him with him. He is a musician and planning on going on tour.
  • edited November -1
    Ugh, people suck so bad sometimes. That makes me want to cry and then go find this guy and kick him in the junk with steel toe boots. Well I am trying to spread the word to everyone I know that would make good Shiba owners. Or at least good Shiba Fosters...