Found Shiba Inu (Rockland, MA)

edited January 2009 in Rescue
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pet/980985509.html

"A neutered male Shiba Inu was found in Rockland, MA on 12/29. He is about 4 yrs in age and is super friendly.

It is micro chipped but the owner(s) did not register the chip so unfortunatley the company can not offer any information to contact the owner. The purchaser of the chip (the only info they DID have) was a "puppy mill" who was shut down by the Sec of Agriculture in Jan of 2007 according to what I found online. The # the micro chip company was out of service.

Since this dog is a pure breed and some people may falsify that it is their dog you will need to provide the paper work you would have received to go along with the micro chip so the numbers can be matched up or some other type of SOLID proof of ownership.

I hope to find the family of this dog. "

Comments

• edited November -1
    I have been talking with this girl and she is holding on to him until the home is found or a sutable home is found for him. She would love to keep him but doesn't have the space. Her sister is a vet and is helping out as well.

Right now he is living with two cats and is doing fine.

I can transport also if his home is not found and a new furever home is available.
  • edited November -1
    I would send an email to NYCSR in case they know of someone looking for him. They can also place a notice on their website.
  • edited November -1
    Already done!