Porto Dog Show 2009 - High Bandwidth

As I promised, here goes some spam form the two shows of last weekend.

Unshou

Seyruhime (I think)

Flying Seyruhime

Goushi (I think)

A Samoyed

I laughed my butt off with this Afghan

A couple of Castro Laboreiro

Karelian Bear Dog

I guess this could be called a pile of Serra da Estrela (Estrela Mountain Dog)

Flying Weimaraner

King James, the Deerhound

Cão de Gado Transmontano

Comments

• edited November -1
    I love that third picture... looks so toy-like!

I'm also in love with the Samoyed :oD
  • edited November -1
    Love the pics, the shibas are gorgeous. The dog in the last pic looks like he's wearing camouflages.
  • edited November -1
    Would you call those "hound pants" I wonder? I saw a few other Afghans wearing something similar, looked like a track suit, with a little snood. The things we do to our dogs. Gorgeous pics, the red akita is something else. Where is Kuma?
  • edited November -1
    Lol at the Afghan >.<
  • edited November -1
    Ooooo how awesome! :) ~
  • edited November -1
    On the Afghan - it that to keep the fur from getting tangles?
  • edited November -1
    Unsurprisingly, I'm partial to the Akitas.

All are great shots though. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go checkout a dog show one of these day. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Thanks guys!

Lindsay - Kumas had his show photo moment on his thread, this is general show spam. The red Akita was actually very thin, and quite a bit smaller than Kuma, which was impressive since he's quite a bit older. Apparently he doesn't eat (by his own choice).

LJ - It was to keep the fur from getting wet, it was a rainy weekend (the largest storm of the last decade hit the North of Spain and Southwest of France, and Porto got the edge of it on and off) and the grass was pretty wet.

Dave - They do cater for a very good photographic experience, but a fast tele is needed. I have to get me one of those.
  • edited November -1
    Nice pictures Rui. There are so many cool dogs out there, too many for one lifetime of dog ownership. Love the Samoyed, but I'm not sure I could put up with all of that white hair.
  • edited November -1
    wow, there are really awesome breeds there! The Castro Laboreiro are impressive!!!
  • edited November -1
    Wow Rui, great photos!
  • edited November -1
    COOL!

Unshou is super handsome!

The Deerhound is amazing - so huge - just amazing!

I love the pic of the Estrela Mountain Dog too!

Awesome spam!

No COs or TMs?

----
  • edited November -1
    Awesome photo's rui!!! I agree with dave, I gonna have to attned a dog show one of these days. Its really cool to see all the different breeds! That afghan pic is hilarious!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks!

Jen - The Castro Laboreiro is a very cool breed. It was the finalist along with the Akita for Kuma's place ;-P It's probably the only Portuguese breed I would have. Although the Cão de Gado Transmontano is awesome.

Brad - No COs(not in the catalog), but there was a TM female around. She was pretty small though, I think smaller than Kuma. Didn't manage to get her. Didn't manage to get a pic of an Anatolian female that was judged in the same ring as the Akitas. She was so good looking. But you know me and Anatolians. She was French and I tried to start a conversation with her people, but my French betrayed me. I was already juggling 3 languages, so I think it was a bit too much, hehehe. One time I even replied to Nat in Spanish without even noticing. I only noticed when she asked me " Did you just talk to me in Spanish?" LOL

The thing about dog shows when you're there with your dog is that you don't have much time to go around shooting other dogs. There were loads of cool dogs around, it's a pity I didn't manage to get more photos of them. There was a couple of huge Borzois that looked really nice. And this woman we keep seeing at the shows we've been. She has a Great Dane that reaches her shoulders!! I guess it doesn't help that she's about 1,5m tall.

The Deerhound people were pretty nice, I offered to send them the photos of their dog because their camera was producing good results and they ended up keeping an eye on our stuff when we were at the Junior Male ring. They're the only breeders of Wolfhound and Deerhound in Portugal.
  • edited November -1
    Rui, awesome dogs, awesome pics! Thanks for sharing! It's fun to see these breeds that are not so prevalent here in the states. Although my best friend has a Samoyed who is about 13 years old now... And a friend of hers had one that lived to be about the same age, I guess; and has now replaced it with a new Samoyed pup. They are one of those northern kind of dogs... perhaps that why they are loved in Minnesota.