AKITA in shelter in TX

• Saw this on another forum I am a memeber of and thought maybe someone here could point this person in the right direction.
    Thanks!

"We are pulling a [dog] from Lufkin AC and while talking to the Shelter Director she asked me if I knew of an Akita Rescue - she has emailed the AKC contact and some others she found but has gotten no response. She has a PB Akita who she is trying to find the owner - found as stray walking down a county road, and time is begining to run out. She is really ethical rescue friendly.

"If anyone has contact with an Akita Rescue/breeder who might know someone who can help could you have them contact Rhonda at Lufkin AC 936-633-0218

• Did a search for Akita rescues in Texas. Came up with this:

http://www.lonestarakitaclub.org/rescue.htm
  • Thanks,
    I emailed the person on that website so hopefully someone will contact her.
  • Sukoshi's mom-
    From the looks of this response the dog has been at least put in a foster home.

(Kathy)
    "Someone called me about this dog yesterday and said she had someone in Mo. who would take the dog for fostering. I can't take any dogs right now. Just too much on my plate and that was the 5th call yesterday."

Sherry E Wallis
    Houston, Tx
  • What type of Akita are we talking about AA or JA.
    www.akita-inu.com
    www.Japanese-Akitas.com
    pedigrees.akita-inu.com
  • I dont know myself but if you call the person in the first post she may know and probably will know where the dog is now too. I was just posting if anyone here was in tx or could help.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion