Athens, Georgia - "Apache" - Akita/ACD mix, 12yo needs loving home - URGENT

edited November 2010 in Rescue
I have been working with this lady - she has been trying so hard to find a place for her lovely dog to go, but is having no luck. She will not abandon her at a shelter, but will have to euth very soon if a place is not found. Apache has been loved and cared for her whole life, but as happens when some get older, her younger dogs are starting to attack the older one. She has no way to separate them inside - one or two would have to be outside at all times and it's getting too cold and rainy now. If you can help, please contact Jamie at the address below - time is of the essence. Here is an article with pics from a national column:

http://www.examiner.com/dogs-in-national/adopt-a-senior-dog-month-meet-apache-12-yr-old-cattledog

Eileen

Athens, GA... Apache... Senior ACD needs a home
From Jamie Keyes
georgiapeach1959@bellsouth.net

I am looking for a loving home for my older australian cattle dog mix. I adopted her in 2003 and was told that she was about 5 years old at the time. She is now approximately 12. Other than being blind in one eye and hard of hearing, the vet says she is perfectly healthy. She is very sweet, and just spends most of her time wandering round the house/yard and sleeping. The reason I am looking for a good home for her is that my other two dogs have started attacking her and have hurt seriously hurt her on occasion. Now I have to keep the three of them separated, and I am not set up here to do that. She is miserable, as I have to keep her closed up in a room when they are out and visa versa. I work full time so she has to stay closed up in a room when I am not home. I am looking for a home in which she is loved and well taken care of to spend the rest of her days. She is housebroken, not aggressive, healthy, doesnt bark. Cant be homed with cats or aggressive dogs. She is great with children, however a little shy and avoids any loud noise and overly hyper children. She is spayed and has been seeing her vet regluarly. Would be a perfect pet for someone older. If I cant find a foster home or permanent home for her, she will have to be euthanized.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Sounds like a sweet dog, and what a difficult situation, one I"ve been in myself of course (Only I was lucky enough to be able to keep my dogs).

I hope she finds a home.