Tosa Inu for Rescue
  • Browsing pet finder and came across this posting..

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18004161

Not sure if anyone here is interested or able to but he sure is gorgeous..
  • dlrobertsdlroberts
    Poor guy. Too bad they only adopt within a 1.5 hour radius of Reno. It sounds like they are going to have a tough time finding him a home anywhere, let alone in such a narrow area. :-(
    dlrobertsdlroberts
    Dave, proudly owned by Joey (Shiba Inu), Tyson (Kai Ken), and PRG's Mason Julien McDieserton III, a.k.a. Diesel (Labrador Retriever).
    "My opinion may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right"
  • BradA1878BradA1878
    Cute pup... that's not a Tosa tho.
  • Yeah, they're going to have a hard time with that one. And I didnt' think he looked like a Tosa either...
    Lisa, Toby (Shiba), Oskar and Zora (American Akita), and Leo (Kai Ken)
  • I wasn't sure if it was actually a Tosa but was hoping someone on here with more experience could confirm if he is or isn't. Petfinder can be irritating because people will post a dog as something that it clearly isn't.
  • BradA1878BradA1878
    Tosa or not, he's still a cute dog! So, I'm glad you posted him here maybe someone can give him a home.
  • Looks like some sort of mastiff cross. Wonder how he would do as a sheep guardian.
  • BradA1878BradA1878
    From the description he sounds pretty animal aggressive.
  • It's really too bad that they put limitations on his adoptive residence though =/. Perhaps there is someone who can give him a home elsewhere, ya know?
    Areyarisu Shikoku Kenimage

Kotomi | Maika | Zoey | Asra | Ranala

Other Canine Members of The Airreyalis Crew: Zander (Alaskan Klee Kai) | Saphira (Belgian Groenendael) | Izanaiya, Sanosuke & Okiana (Yakutian Laika)
  • shishiinushishiinu
    Yeah doesn't seem any thing like a Tosa. Sucks that the limitations will make him hard to get adopted.
    Gen, Ami, Kaylynn, Trinity, Yusuke......Riki, Hana, Sammi, Taro, and the newest addition Koyuki.
  • Well, I hope he finds a home...he is a handsome dog!
  • HeidiHeidi
    I have a hard time understanding why so many rescues have such strict rules. I mean, they're going to have a really, really hard time finding this guy a home. I get rules that help dogs from going to less than ideal situations, but some rules are needlessly restrictive. I've seen a lot of rescues like that and it really bothers me. I can't stand rescues who won't adopt out to families with kids, for instance. Not just the dogs that aren't good with kids, just no dog can go to a house with kids, period. My brother-in-law's family went to a bunch of different rescues to get a dog and none of them would adopt to them because they have kids. They ended up buying from a backyard breeder. NOT a good decision on their part, but I think it shows how some rescue policies end up turning potential dog owners to other, not-so-good sources. And I've heard of rescues for toy breeds that won't adopt out to you unless you have a fenced yard. I understand for larger breeds (not that you NEED a fenced yard to take care of any dog, but it is impractical for large, active dogs) but toy breeds? A lot of people get toy breeds specifically because they don't have a lot of space, and the BYBs know it and are totally capitalizing on it!

Anyway, I really went off on a tangent there.
    Dogs: Rakka (shikoku), Sosuke (kai), Effie (bc/kelpie)
    Cats: Hester, Batgirl, Stephanie, Harley
  • Heidi, I've had some of the same kind of complaints myself. I understand why they need to have rules, but it does make me sad that I couldn't get a rescue dog from most Akita/Shiba rescue groups, for example. (Not the one in New Mexico--they're pretty good about looking at the entire situation rather than just having very strict rules).
  • KenijKenij
    Here in alabama I went to 7 different rescues before my husband went to a breeder to get Kenij. They wouldn't adopt ANY dog to me because I live in a apt.
    I will never accept defeat , I will never quit, I will never leave a fallen comrade. - warrior ethos, soldiers creed.
  • Something for Japan we might all think about:
    http://japanearthquakeanimalrelief.chipin.com/japan-earthquake-animal-rescue-and-support
    Britain Hill
    Fenikkusu and Kalitan

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion