Show results from Finland

So, Nuuk's third show was on Sunday and third time lucky :D. Nuuk was best of breed, got his first certificate and he also was best of breed junior. Here is his judging: Black brindle. Clearly smaller than the mean value. Correct proportions. A bit light, handsome head. Tight body. Good angulations. Limb bones should be stronger. Good coat. Correct tail. Should have longer hind movement. Chirpy nature.

No succes in the group rings but I was very proud from Nuuk's behaviour in the big rings (we had to participate to group and best junior competitions). We had really long (and cold) day so I thought that Nuuk would be asshole at the end of the day. Nuuk did excellent PR for the kai :).

Comments

• Yay!!! Congrats!
  • That's great!
  • That's awesome! Congrats!
  • congrats!!! Yea!!
  • Congratulations!
  • congratulations
  • Congratulations!
  • Awesome! Congrats. :)
  • Congrats to Nuuk!
  • Thanks everyone :)! Our year has started really nicely. Let's hope that we get more good news in few months ;).
  • Congratulations Nuuk !!! you must be very proud an happy :D
  • edited March 2012
    It has been really busy two months but still I have had some time to dog shows. Nuuk has continued his succes in the rings. In past two shows he has been twice bob and now he has also two more certificates. Now he only needs one certificate at the age of two years to become a Finnish champion. Judges have really liked him! Commentaries have been very varying...

In our last show after the ring I asked from one highly respected Finnish allrounder judge that what is her opinion about Nuuk (this judge has judged Kais in many countries like in Japan, Canada, the Netherlands etc.). She said that Nuuk is very promising young boy who still needs to mature. And she also said that from Nuuk she right away knew that it is a Kai but from Ife she couldn't say the same :D. In the same show Nuuk also got shortlisted in the group ring. The judge chose nine dogs to the finals out of 27 so Nuuk did Kai history in European dog show by getting so far. JA was BIG 2 so the judge really liked Japanese breeds (and it was big surprise that Finnish breeds even didn't get shortlisted in the ring). Here are few photos from the shows.

Photobucket

Photobucket

imagePhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

• Congrats!
  • congrats!!!
  • Congratulations, and thanks for the photos!
  • A very noble looking Kai!
    Congrats.
  • Congrats! Nuuk is looking better and better :D
  • Great pics! Sorry I'm late. I'm glad to hear that Nuuk is doing well.

That's funny that the judge said Ife doesn't look like a Kai. I've had more than a few people say Mei looks more like a Kai than Koda. Koda btw looks just like Nuuk in the face. It's really uncanny.

It always amazes me when people say things like that, and shows me that they really don't know what they are talking about since pretty much all the Kais I've seen vary in type so much.