800 dogs???

edited March 2008 in Rescue

I don't know how long this link will be active, but this is crazy

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337341,00.html

Comments

• edited November -1
    Jeez, that is insane!
  • edited November -1
    Insane is the exact word I had in my head. While I feel terrible for those dogs, part of me feels bad for the couple. That's a sickness, it has to be. Its one thing if they were trying to pass themselves off as reputable, but it sounds like they weren't even trying.
  • edited November -1
    wow...just wow
  • edited November -1
    I know! Outrageous! I cannot even picture what that many dogs looks like. All I can think is moving carpet. There's a news spot on it too, and the anchor sounds like she can't wait to see these people pay, but I don't think they usually do in these cases, since it's considered a mental problem (they can't help, as opposed to being a just terrible person who you would think must have mental problems). Anyway, they tend to take all the dogs, and try to keep an eye on the people to make sure they don't build up again. I'm waiting to see if they put out where they are keeping the dogs, so people can donate or whatever...I mean, they say that 100 went to a rescue, but that leaves 700. I can't even imagine what they are going to do with that many dogs. At least they're little though, 800 big dogs is unimaginable
  • edited November -1
    John told me about this yesterday.  That is so insane.  How the hell do you end up with 800 dogs.  Ugh, some people...
  • edited November -1
    This is just crazy! I imagine if they hadn't been found now, in two months or so there would be 1000 dogs, and constantly adding to it.
  • edited November -1

Well it may be insane because they were all in a trailer.  However there are thousands of puppymills across this country where there are hundreds if not thousands of dogs crammed into unbelieveably small quarters, standing on wires, going insane.

• edited November -1
    I watch those Animal Cop shows and these hoarders have to be mentally unstable. Their houses are always covered in feces and urine. HOW do they live like that????? How could they possibly afford all those dogs?