AKC/Eukanuba dog championship- Celebrate Dogs 2012

edited December 2012 in Showing, Shows, & Events
This past weekend was the AKC Championship in Orlando, FL. I was only able to attend Sunday's "Celebrate Dogs" events. There were a lot of vendors so I got a lot of free swag :)

Here are a few photos from the events.

Long Haired Akita

American Akita

Shiba Inu

Stella from Modern Family-> It was awkward petting a dog that makes more money than me ^.^

Let me know if you would like to see the photos of the other dog breeds ^.^

Comments

• Really cool that you got to go! Any husky pics? lol
  • Any AKC-FSS breeds?
  • edited December 2012
    @ayk: They had a few. The most memorable was the Eurasier (running agility), Estrela Mountain Dog (running agility too. They hit the seasaw hard!), and the Czechoslovakian Vlcak. They didn't take him out of the crate though.

@Calia: Yup :)

Malamute puppy

Photo of the 2006 winner, Costello, with the entrance to the main show.

Samoyed!

The Sammies had the best displays. They were making blankets and hats with their fur!
  • So cool! I did not know that there was a long haired Akita!! wow!
  • edited December 2012
    Can anyone identify this dog? I forgot :(

Borzoi pulling a sled

The grooming stations were interesting. Everyone had their own small section in between the dog shows and the obedience rings. There were tons of crates, dogs, hoses, and fur everywhere!

People had their dogs walking with them. They were all so well behaved and no one was pulling! I asked to see if the public are able to bring their dogs but they discouraged it... but never said "no." I have to admit that it was kind of nerve-racking walking through all the cane corsos and mastiffs right after they finished showing.

• Yeah, they strongly discourage spectators bringing ther dogs. Most show dogs are very well behaved. They have to be to stand for exam in the ring. Also for everyone's safety. Te grooming area is where all the action is. Normally there is a cloud if chalk and hairspray hovering over.
  • That's so cool that u got to go! Thanks fo sharing
  • My guess is Tibetan Mastiff, but I'm not all that familiar with all the molossers/flock guardians.

• edited December 2012
    My experience with conventions is thus: always go during the last day of the vendors. During the last few hours, vendors will be very flexible with prices. Since the event was sponsored by Eukanuba, we had a ton of dog toys and frisbees. EVO/Innova was also there where we got a lot of dog food too. Yes, it was a pain to carry the food around, but I have enough food for my two puppies and kitty for a month :)

@ayk: That's my best guess. I just flipped through the working breeds and it looks like a Tibetan Mastiff. We weren't allowed to take photos close to the actual winners' circle. I had to take this quick and blind to avoid being yelled at. I couldn't find a breed name anywhere. Handsome boy though.
  • It is a Tibetan