2013 OC Pet Expo

Might as well get started early on prep. April 2013 people! Glad this doesn't coincide with the Classic at all.

http://www.petexpooc.com/

Who plans on going?

Jesse

Comments

• Akiho will have a booth as always I'm going to be dog-less this year due to pups being too young.
  • I will be there! Probably with Bijo and Angi.
  • So where is the Nihonken Dinner going to be this year?
  • I'll come down with Mika and Koda.

Jen and I had discussed organizing ourselves better for this year, but alas I totally failed. Life is just too busy. @CreativeJen or @Brada1878 I hope Jen is still able to come this year! I selfishly want to see Chase and Akashi. :-P

I'll text Corina. I think she was filling out the application for the NK booths. @ShikokuSpirit
  • I shall be coming this year :D considering I live 10 minutes from the fairgrounds now. And I can't wait to meet you all!
  • edited January 2013
    Jen ( @CreativeJen ) should be there with Haru (or Ayu) and Kishin and maybe Jingu ( @ayk ).

If we find ourselves to be rich or something by April, I might join her. But if we are not rich I'll be here taking care of the dogs. Takes a lot of money to board all our dogs.
  • What? No Akashi? I'm bummed.
  • aykayk
    edited January 2013
    @Brada1878 - Don't feel if you have to bring Jingu to the Pet Expo. There'll be other Jindos there where as there won't necessarily be other male KKA Kai there.
  • Oh yeah you may not want Koda to be the male representative. I'd leave him at home, but the kid goes everywhere with me and I'm not sure how Mika would do without him. @brada1878
  • I'll be there with my two as usual. I'm hoping Kanani (a.k.a. Korra from the Kaiju x Kurenai breeding) will still be there because I'd love to see how she grew up. Luckily I can walk to the fairgrounds this year if I wanted to! :P

Jesse
  • @CrimsonO2 I was seriously considering just biking there lol. :P
  • I'll be there with Kaiju of course. He will be happy to see his lovely mate (@crimson02) :)
  • Just a reminder that the hotel offer by the Pet Expo expires Mar. 16.

http://petexpooc.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Hotel-RV-Information-OC13.pdf

Last year I used a hotel not affiliated with the expo with no dog limits or extra deposits but it was right next to the freeway.
  • I booked my hotel!! I haven't done much more though. The year flew by.
  • I was just looking at the form, I think going the RV route would be kinda cool.
  • Hrmm, my parents have a trailer...!

Hah, speaking of which, the trailer door is apparently an effective barrier for Mosura. While they've been doing construction on the house, the dogs (Mosura and Hilde) have been kept in the back yard away from the workers. Mosura goes into the trailer because Hilde does, and she doesn't want to be left out. However, she is apparently unable or unwilling to jump back down through the doorway (about 3') so she just stands there and stares towards the house.
  • Just a FYI that the breed booths have been assigned.
  • @ayk is the map up?
  • Yup it is up Jindo next to the Cane Coso we are in the same room as last year.
  • At least you are up against the wall, we got screwed again with being put up against another booth.
  • Looks like they reneged the rule allowing guests to bring their pets. Hurray!
  • Damn shame you couldn't switch with the Norwegian Elkhounds...we'd have a NK wall! (short from the Southern California Shiba Club)

Jesse
  • We are not up against a wall. It kinda sucks where we are.
  • I think the only reason we still have the wall is because of the breed's reputation.

So regard it as a compliment that you all have an aisle.
  • Oh wait until they meet Mika. We will have a wall booth next year!!!
  • I liked our spot last year
  • Oh crap...I was looking at 2012...not 2013 :-/

Jesse
  • We asked for a wall. They just don't want us near the other Nihonken. Btw no AA booth this year.
  • My guess is that in a few years the OC Pet Expo will be like the San Diego Pet Expo. Adoption only, no breed booths.