So Cali: Cross Posting Yellow lab in need of a home

edited October 2009 in Rescue
I'm cross-posting this to the forums I belong to because my heartstrings just get yanked at such a story.

Ty was dumped by his owners. As they left in their car, he chased after
them for quite a distance, but he couldn't keep up, and eventually lost
them. The pads on Ty's feet will require medical treatment. He is a
great dog, but no one has shown interest in adopting him.
He is at San Bernadino Shelter which is very high kill. A351696 (909-384-1304)
He is about 2 years old. Pure bred, yellow lab.
Please Crosspost like crazy. No one has even put a hold on him at the shelter.
He deserves to live. He deserves a family that will hold on to him and show him a better life.

Jesse

Comments

• edited November -1
    I've reposted on Facebook and MySpace. Going to Tweet it next. Hopefully someone can give him a home. Poor sweet guy.
  • edited November -1
    I tweeted, #TyTheYellowLab. If anyone also wants to use that so maybe we can get into the trending topics.
  • edited November -1
    I want to post this on facebook and twitter so I went looking for a link to his info (petfinder, petharbor, shelter site) but I couldn't find him listed with their other animals. Just wanted to verify the source/details to make sure I get out the right information since searching only found other cross-posts and nothing official. Not trying to insult by implying it might not be true, just want to get the right info so I'm not linking to the wrong place or anything.

I have a lot of friends in socal so hopefully they can at least help spread the word even if they can't adopt.
  • edited November -1
    http://www.dogeventhorizon.com/sanbern.html he is on their site listed as a stray you can find him by the tag # Tag: A351696
  • edited November -1
    How sad! Poor guy.

I hope someone will find and adopt him.
  • edited November -1
    Awesome thanks for the link, Kati! I'll get this posted right away!
  • edited November -1
    I had read on posts on facebook that he was adopted last week. I have seen this post for a couple weeks. and seeing as it is a high kill shelter, I find it unlikely that he is still there. Has anyone called to confirm that he is still there. Last time I looked on the San Bernadino AC page, they had TONS of dogs (which was yesterday or Wednesday)so if someone is interested in adopting a dog from there, I say just go and look. I mean like 80+ homeless animals. And if you don't live near SB go to your local shelter. Every county, typically has to euthanize hundreds of dogs because they can't find responsible owners.