Maymay update with pics 3/15

edited February 2010 in Rescue
I am totally eating my words right now. Earlier this week, I said that finding a rescued Kai just wouldn't really happen, but low and behold in my email this morning was this.....

"If there is anyone on the list who is looking to adopt a Kai please contact me. There is someone in N. Ca who does Shiba Rescue that is in the process of rescueing a Kai from Taiwan.

Marsha~NAKA President
810-679-0283

"The North American Kai Association
www.kai-ken. org"

Comments

• edited February 2010
    And videos

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=RQeJXWAiays">Videos

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=iDa2X2Y2Ac4
  • edited November -1
    What a cute Kai! Someone should jump on this!
  • edited November -1
    I emailed to find out where in No. California. Marsha posted something about the rescue person going to her house? So, I'm not sure if they are moving her from Cali.
  • edited November -1
    What a cutie I hope she finds a home.
  • edited November -1
    Ok, eating my words again on the Kai Rescue

Here's another one

I guess this organization AHAN gets some. There was also a rescue Kai in Las Vegas, from the US, a short while ago. So, if anyone is looking for a rescue Kai they do come up. AHAN sounds like a great organization. They do import rescues from Taiwan.
  • edited November -1
    I'm a sucker, but it looks like May May is coming home with me on March 11th. Well, for right now she is going to my parent's house until we can do proper intro's with Koda. I'm not sure if she will stay with me. I spoke with everyone who takes care of Koda during the day, my parents and his doggy daycare lady, and it seems like we are all willing to adopt her. :P

In the end, we will see who she takes to the best and see who she will end up with. One of the three of us will take her though. I will be picking her up at the airport. We are all really excited. I always said that if a kai rescue in my area came up I would help. Here's me living up to my word.
  • edited November -1
    She is really pretty, Good luck!!
  • edited November -1
    Awesome! Congrats!

[ we demand tons of spam when you get her :p ] ~
  • aykayk
    edited November -1
    Just curious, but what lead people to believe the dogs are Kai and not some other Asian spitz breed mix or pariah? Does Taiwan has a history of importing known Kai's from Japan?
  • edited November -1
    Congrats I hope things go well with the introduction.

It's sad to see any Nihon ken in rescues I hope she can find a loving home.
  • edited November -1
    Tara, that is great news...CONGRATS!!!
  • edited November -1
    AWESOME!!:)...Congratulations!!
  • edited November -1
    congrats! glad Koda is going to have a future playmate.
  • edited November -1
    She's lovely...and yes, lots of pics when you get her!
  • edited November -1
    Congratulations!!! She's a sweetheart!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats and good luck on the whole thing!
  • edited November -1
    Wow! Congrats! She looks Really cute!
  • edited November -1
    I missed this post, sorry!

Congrats Tara!!! :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    I missed this post, as well!

Congrats! :-D And let us know how it all works out. :)
  • edited November -1
    Beautiful dog!! congrats!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats!!
  • edited November -1
    Friday is the big day.
  • edited November -1
    Yikes! That's in like 4 days! :-)
  • edited November -1
    lol. I kind've thought that too! Lucky thing is, she is only 30 pds. so Koda's old crate, bed, harnesses, collars, etc. should fit her. No shopping. That helps. The intro's are going to happen at my mom's house first. I saw videos of her playing with other dogs, so hopefully she is as sweet in person. I'm sure they will love eachother. *fingers crossed*
  • edited November -1
    I've heard in the past that several Kai were sent to Taiwan. She looks great, and I hope that she and Koda hit it off.
  • edited November -1
    I have also heard that there are a lot of Kai's that came to the Bay from Taiwain. The day after I found out about May May, we were having a training at work. During the break, another manager and I were talking about her and low and behold the trainer took out his iPhone and started showing me pics of his Kai that he got as a rescue from Taiwan. Koda and I had a Kai 15 minutes away from us the whole time! We are going to get the boys together. Well, I guess the boys and my girl together. :-)
  • edited November -1
    So are you getting excited?
  • edited November -1
    I'm excited but Koda is my main concern. He loves other dogs but is very attached to me. How does Tora do with sharing your time?
  • edited March 2010
    She does pretty well. She is mommy's little girl, but she does not get upset when I pet and spend time with the Shibas.
  • edited November -1
    Thinking positive thoughts about the new pack member!