Maymay update with pics 3/15

13»

Comments

• edited November -1
    First of all, that all sounds FANTASTIC! I'm extremely happy to hear things are going so well.

RE: her energy and your parents. Give her some time. IIRC, she's still pretty young. Add to that she's been through a lot in the last few weeks and you've got a recipe for a dog that's going to be moving around a lot. That doesn't make it any easier in the short term. But, don't rush to judgment on her energy level from a few days.

Either way, keep it up!
  • edited November -1
    So beautiful! I'd love to hear her sing too.....
  • edited November -1
    So glad to hear that she is now home and getting healthy!

Keep up the great work, and I am sure that she and Koda will be great siblings. :)
  • edited November -1
    Sounds like things are going well! I am so happy for all of you.
  • edited November -1
    How IS MayMay? is her peeing better now?
    IS she still on "foster" status, or "forever" status?
    Is she training well?
    Did she enjoy her vacation with your folks?
    Is her name still MayMay?

more May May stories, please! :)
  • edited November -1
    lol her name is still MayMay but I tried and tried to chane it. No one would join in on my venture and kept calling her MayMay. Try saying that 10 times in a row, and you will see how annoying it is all day. ha ha ha. It's MayMay off, MayMay, no, MayMay potty outside, MayMay you're insane! :-)

She is still on foster status. No one has shown any interest in her. She will probably just stay by default. :-) I do love her though. She is just so completely insane and high maintenance. Koda really is just a good dog with a laid back personality. Like right now, he's on the couch with me and MayMay can't stop moving. She's just wandering around the house, and she woke us both up this morning. Koda and I don't like waking up on her time. I'm taking the day off to wait for kitchen cabinets to be delivered.

I think she liked Tahoe. My niece taught her how to play with toys which she had no clue how to do. She likes to throw balls (real baseballs!) up in the air and chase them. She's good at playing by herself with toys.

Training is going well. She's getting what things mean, but potty training has been slow. I'm really proud of her right now though. We have gotten peeing outside pretty down, but she will poop inside! :-0' So no es bueno. But she just went outside and went poop all on her own. I went out and gushed over her pooping. Koda looked at me like I was crazy, especially since he won't poop on his own property. He thinks she's nasty sometimes. ha ha ha.
  • edited November -1
    lol...poor Koda!
  • edited November -1
    It's good to hear that MayMay is progressing, if slowely with you. My sister's Poms had some of the same potty issues. They would pee outside, but still have poop accidents inside. In their case tho it was a small dog problem, not like MayMay who was never house trained as a puppy. It just took a lot of patience with them and they got better, so gradually that one day you just realize that it's been a few weeks without an accident. They'll never be totally trustworthy to not potty inside, but I think that's just a problem some small dogs have.

It's good to hear how you guys are doing :)
  • edited November -1
    Glad to hear you're making progress!