2010 America's Family Pet Expo (CA)

aykayk
edited April 2010 in Showing, Shows, & Events
Here are some pics from the Pet Expo today.

Comments

• edited November -1
    I don't know about you but I am beat. Going to eat some dinner and then I'll post some photos as well. It was good chatting with both of you today.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm exhausted as well...and I still have 2 more days left. I totally forgot to take photos! Hopefully I'll remember for tomorrow and Sunday, lol.

----------------------

Ann,

Don't forget to post photos of the Jindo booth! =)
  • aykayk
    edited April 2010
    I really didn't take many pics, but here are some of the inside of the Jindo booth. We had accumulated "stuff" over the course of 8(?) years of doing the Expo. The white dogs are female Jindos of different styles. One is a foster dog with an old eye injury. The other, the skinnier one, is a rescue who does urban mushing with a bunch of Malamutes. I think there was a cable tv crew taping them.
  • edited November -1
    Ok so I fell asleep on the couch. I am not impressed with the photos - I was not paying attention to my settings. That's what I get for finding a beer garden near the exhibits. One or two of the photos did turn out nice.

• aykayk
    edited November -1
    I'm sure Corina is wishing that there was a nice comfy couch at the Expo now. She mentioned something about wanting to crawl into a kennel to sleep at one point. :-)

Mind if I use the Jindo photos?
  • edited November -1
    great pics Jack! Those Akita are gorgeous!
  • edited April 2010
    Those Akita are amazing! So beautiful! Nice pics!
  • edited November -1
    Glad you like. 8 out of 40 photos was quite a bummer.

@ayk I will whisper you links to the original size photos.
    I'll be home later tonight.

Did PetTV talk to you guys? I really hope they edit it. I got my information mixed up -and I was very nervous. Good laughs when that comes out.
  • aykayk
    edited November -1
    They didn't swing by our section on Friday, but I know a friend who completely blanked out on the name of the hamster she was holding while they were filming. She ended up making a new name on the fly. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Oh I am sure a big part of JA history got rewritten during the interview ;)
  • edited November -1
    Well,
    Joey and I just got back from doing our 10-12 shift assisting Corina at the Shikoku booth. I never realized it, but apparently having Ichi there was nice to have a basis for comparison for Shiba Inu and Shikoku sizes. I don't know how Corina could do it for 3 days in a row to be out there!

Jesse
  • edited April 2010
    Woot, met Corina and Tony at the Shikoku booth, both awesome people and answered all the remaining questions I had. Most importantly, finally met a Shikoku in person..Shoushuu is awesome and almost exactly the dog I want. Anyways, thanks Corina for letting me play with your dogs

Edit: I passed by the Shiba booth and was soo tempted to go up to the guys there and ask "IS THAT A FOX???!!" but stopped myself.
  • edited April 2010
    I went yesterday, it was very cool. I'll post pictures later
  • edited November -1
    Haha you guys are across the way from Wolf Mountain. Tonya is a friend of ours. She's a big part of the powwow community.

Anyone planning on being there today? We might stop by.
  • edited April 2010
    DSC_3554

DSC_3566

DSC_3567

DSC_3568

DSC_3582

DSC_3643

DSC_3659
  • edited November -1
    Dang I wish I could have gone.......maybe next year.
  • aykayk
    edited November -1
    The organizers are considering a Pet Expo in San Diego. Maybe you don't have to wait until next year. :-)
  • edited November -1
    That will be cool. If thats the case I will go for sure. What does it cost for a booth?
  • edited November -1
    It was great meeting you too Jeff. I'm glad my EXTREMELY limited knowledge was ok. The more I see Corina's dogs the more I want one.......... Kai's are sooo cool too.......
  • edited November -1
    I would love to go to an expo in San Diego. Just need to find some pet friendly hotels.
  • edited November -1
    Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn are pet friendly :)
  • edited November -1
    There were Kai's there?
  • aykayk
    edited November -1
    I haven't read the exhibitor's application for a while, but my understanding is that the first dog breed booth is free. Additional breed booths and vendor booths are charged.
  • edited November -1
    Hey we got in some of the pics too yay!
    I was glad to hang out and help Corina for a few hours on Saturday. I was also glad to see Tony there and we all sat and chilled at the booth with Corina and her pack. Lynx was busy gnawing away at her bone in the back and I kept Ichi out there with Kotomi as people walked by and asked plenty of questions. It was very cute to see Kotomi desparately trying to initiate play with Ichi but he was having none of it nor was he interested, but she didn't give up easy:). I tried to get Ichi to relax a bit to get him to do some commands (Corina got a great picture of him waving). He was also overstimulated that food didn't even interest him, but one thing I always count on him being interesting in and willing to work for, is nibblingat my earring (thanks Tony/Corina for getting that one too ;-p).

Had some fun and great times! Kotomi was such a sociable gal, it was nice for her to show Ichi how to approach humans. He would just come up and sniff them at best.

At one point we had a great discussion about how both Kotomi and Ichi (and dogs in general), both at the polar ends of sociability/approachability, disliked being pat on the head.

Jesse