Jindos 2 adults, 2 pups (SoCal)

edited May 2010 in Rescue
Free Jindos

my parents have 4 jindos:
- the mom (5 y.o)
- the dad (2 or 3 y.o)
- 2 puppies (3 months old?)

they are moving soon and cannot have dogs where they are going. (we had already been looking for homes for the puppies)

absolutely free, we do ask that you come to pick them up but that's it.

none of the dogs are "altered"

Copy and pasted. Left the phone number out, you can go to the link to see pictures and contact info.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Hope they find homes!!! ~
  • edited November -1
    To clarify, I don't know these people and I'm not the one who originally posted the ad lol.
  • edited November -1
    It looks like they found homes? :D
  • aykayk
    edited November -1
    Nope. Any dog listing that has a whiff of being from a breeder is always flagged for removal by the craiglist monitors. The 4 dogs still need new homes.
  • edited November -1
    Ah okay. lol, I don't use craiglist so....xD
  • edited November -1
    *confused* I still see the ad..did it say flagged before?
  • edited November -1
    Clear your cache
  • edited November -1
    Ah. Well I wont in case someone is interested lol. I can still see the contact number.
  • aykayk
    edited May 2010
    I received a response from the craigslist poster.

The pups were picked up yesterday night. The adults are still looking for new homes. The mom, the 5 yr old, was imported from Korea as a 2 month old pup. The dad, the 2 or 3 year old, is her son. None of the dogs have paperwork. (By the initial pictures though, they're consistant with Jindos IMO.)

The adults were raised as outdoor dogs and are not good with other dogs. They don't have any basic training. [Situation where the poster's parents aren't really dog people but just wanted a Jindo to go with the house.] Fortunately, the dogs are very good with people, according to the poster.

I'll edit in new pictures of the parents once I receive them.
  • edited November -1
    Whoa wait what?
    They interbred mother to son for the puppies? Isn't that type of line-breeding done specifically for highly desired traits? Maybe it's just me overly anthropomorphizing it.

Jesse
  • aykayk
    edited November -1
    Nope, there's nothing as "thoughtful" as that. It is more of the lines of not wanting to pay so much for a neuter.

That's how backwards things can be in the Jindo world. Even the sole AKC FSS Jindo breeder, that some unknowing rescue people harken as the savior of the breed, had 2 litters by a male under 1 yr of age.

It's things like this that makes it so tempting for me to jump from the Jindo world to the Nihon Ken world.