Shiba in need of a home in Philadelphia/DC

edited February 2012 in Rescue
Tsuki is a female 8 year old Shiba Inu.

I adopted Tsuki when I was engaged, when the engagement ended suddenly I struggled to take care of her on my own. It was an absolutely irresponsible and poor decision to chose to adopt a dog at that time. Three and a half years later I have begun a PhD program and what has happened to Tsuki's life is incredibly unfair. I live in a concrete jungle and most days Tsuki must do her business on gravel, never setting foot on grass. She has never fully adjusted to the sounds of the city and just being out doors and hearing traffic noises stresses her. Because of her fear of other dogs, dog parks are off limits and all we can do is play fetch in concrete parking lots. I am wrecked with guilt over the quality of life I am giving her.

Tsuki's one love in life is to be outdoors playing fetch. She absolutely must have a home with a large fenced in yard, preferably in a suburb and not a city. She ignores cats and is fearful of other dogs. We frequently travel between Philly and DC.

Please spread the word.

contacts:
jpurushe@gmail.com

Comments

• If you adopted her from a rescue or shelter, or purchased her from a breeder, they may actually require that return her to them if you can no longer take care of her. You may want to make sure that that's not the case before rehoming her.
  • Thanks, Calia. I did think over that.

The woman who fostered her for two months from the shelter had several dogs, and they seemed to have rotating turns in the crates. When I picked her up, I thought nothing of it, but now that I know so much about her dislike of other dogs I feel like this would be an even WORSE living situation for her.
  • Have you checked with regional area rescues? They may be able to help. Good luck finding her a home. She's a pretty girl.
  • such pretty girl reminds me of Saya kinda in looks.

Hope she finds good home soon.
  • She looks really sweet, adorable expression!
    I hope you find a really good home for her soon :)
  • She looks so sweet, i hope you find a home for her soon. Perhaps you could contact NYCSR? They are based in NY but perhaps something could be worked out?
  • I agree if you want to house her till she find home could always contact NYCSR they could do a courtesy listing I think.
  • Hi guys, thanks for all your help! I have listed with the national rescue but will try these as well.

I will absolutely be keeping her until I find a place that is 100% right for.
  • She's adorable, hope you find a great home for her!
  • You may want to touch base with/join:

Philly Shiba Meetup http://www.meetup.com/phillyshibas/

Washington DC (Reston) Meetup http://www.meetup.com/IAD-Shibas/

Perhaps someone in the group(s) would be interested or might know someone suitable.
  • Adopted!

Thanks for all the advice.

please delete thread :D
  • So glad she is adopted.
  • Good news!
  • Glad to hear that you found her a home.
  • Would have loved to adopt her! Glad she found a home though!