Submit photos/ideas for bookmarks to be given out at dog events!

Hi everyone, Jesse and I are making bookmarks for the OC pet fair about Hokkaido, Kai, Kishu and Shikoku, and we were just wondering if you guys would like to submit photos. Please email me at ttddinh@yahoo.com.

Comments

• edited March 2012
    My only suggestIon is pick photos of dogs that cannot be confused by a lay person as Akita or shiba. Walking through the crowd you would be shocked how many asked about the shiba in the Shikoku booth only to be corrected by someone who just left the booth.
  • LOL, yeah, that might be bound to happen considering my Shiba is almost as tall as a Shikoku:P (but definitely skinnier). I might make him wear a shirt that says "iz Shiba"

Jesse
  • hahaha, lol. Thanks for your suggestion @*JackBurton* Jesse (@crimson02) will be helping me make these bookmarks too so he will keep me in line, right??
  • Likelihood is that no matter how the dogs look, a lay person will still confuse the dogs pictured as a shiba or akita. It would probably he helpful if the breed name is under or with the dog pictured, with maybe a short description of the breed as well(Kishu Ken, one of the medium sized Nihon Ken that is most commonly white).
  • To clarify, there will be four different bookmarks, one for each nihon ken (mentioned above). The front will be pictures, and the back will be facts about that breed.
  • @Calia you are right but having a distinct photo on let's say a bookmark will help re-enforce what they learned at the booth.
  • Dragoon is still a pup, & not sure how well Fate represents his breed, but if you want any of the pics I've posted feel free to let me know & I can find the larger size image for you. ~
  • Will you be selling these bookmarks to others besides fair goers? I'd like to get a set, if you are.
  • How will you decide which color variation of which breed to use? Are you only going to do the most common?
  • @poeticdragon-- what do you and everyone else think?

Please note this is done with the intention of building awareness so They will not be sold, but given out. . I think four pics could fit well on the size bookmark that we are getting so one of every color should be represented. I think a pup shot, adult shot and I don't know about the other two. This idea is open to suggestions and input. :) so criticize, comment away!
  • @lwroth, I could send u a set, just give me your address
  • Thank you--I did in a message. What a great idea!
  • Have you tried Rune or Dave S. for Shikoku pics? They have some great ones!!! They are my fb friends and post on the fb NK page.
  • I'm assuming Brad has Kai pictures covered, but if you need a kai puppy/young adult, I have some nice Juno pics of her in the field.
  • edited March 2012
    @wrylybrindle--Yes, could you please email me an "action/full body" shot of Juno? Thanks!

@tjbart--I have asked Rune, but I didn't ask Dave S. yet. Thanks!

• Pix of Adventure Girl Juno emailed! :)
  • @ttddihn - I emailed you photos of Kuma too (for a red shikoku).
  • I have sent in any pics. If you end up needing some let me know. Otherwise, I will let everyone else send in their great photos. We all see my photos all the time.
  • @brada1878: You don't see us complaining do you?...if anything, we criticize you for not giving all your dogs equal lens time:P

Jesse
  • @brada1878--Oh, I haven't even started on the Kai bookmark yet. :(
  • Maybe at least one adult male and one adult female pic would be useful for those new to the breed.
  • I would think the color variations (red, sesame, brindle, white, *types* of brindle/sesame, etc) would be more useful than male/female differences.