Catahoula/Akita Mix on craigslist Birmingham, AL.

edited June 2012 in Rescue
Saw this ad on CL today.

He is a beautiful boy and I hope he finds a great home!!! I have not contacted the owners yet but I am hoping someone will get this boy and give him the home he deserves :)

This is the exact ad. I just copied and pasted it here. I was not sure if any members were in this area or if anyone would even be interested but thought I would give it a shot.
The ad:
"I have a very sweet Catahoula Akita mix who is in need of a good home. He is 13mo old knows Sit, Stay, Come, Down, and Heal. He is so smart he picked these up after only about 3min working with him. We are having to find him a new home due to the fact that we have neighbors who are always very loud and fighting and while walking him around the apt one of them because very vocal and he in return braked and growled as he is VERY protective. He weighs over 90 labs and does not get along with other pets dogs nor cats. He is fully veted and I'm asking a rehome fee of $75 To good home ONLY! NO FIGHTERS! for more info and photos please email. He is beautiful brindle and white with blue eyes."

http://bham.craigslist.org/pet/3079143101.html

Comments

• His ears are precious.
  • Interesting mix. Dink was a catahoula mix. Thankfully she was calmer then most pure catahoula dogs I met must been her other breed mix that mellowed her out. lol

I fostered two pure bred catahoula mix pups long time ago big mistake we should just took in one. Ah well it worked out we worked with their puppy craziness and kept them exercised and tired mentally. They needed very high energetic type families so took while.

I wish we took some pictures of the two. :\ Or who knows maybe there is one pic somewhere in the storage box.

Hope the dog finds a good home.
  • Cute! Those ears are great.
  • Isn't he cute!?!? I hope he finds a great home! He has the bluest eyes :)
  • That looks a lot more like a Catahoula/Pit mix to me.... Cute as all get out. But I see no akita.
  • I did not see the Akita either.
  • Hi everyone,
    My husband found this site aft doing a search about the breed of the dog we adopted from a rescue today. What amazes me is that this is the same dog that you are all discussing. Somehow, a couple of weeks after they posted the ad, Blue wound up in a rescue, and his foster parent posted an ad on CL which we responded to earlier this week. The rescue had him fixed, shots utd and really spent time getting to know him. He joined our family today in his new forever home, and we are thrilled and blown away by his intelligence, playfulness, response to commands and yes, he is already very protective. And very good with children as well, he seems thrilled that he has a couple of boys who tirelessly work with him and play endless games of fetch and tug of war. I hope to post pictures really soon, and maybe between all of us, we can determine exactly what kind of dog he is, because really, to me he looks to be a cross breed of American Pittbull and husky. We absolutely love him already and tickled pink that we get to be his people. :)
  • How cool!
  • what a small world!!
  • I saw his picture online and I though he was catahoula/pit or husky pit. Pits are brilliant with children so that could explain his natural affinity with your children. Whatever he may be, he is beautiful and I am thrilled he found his family.
    Welcome to the forum.
  • Thanks y'all. He really is a hoot. Last night my 3 year old woke up with a fever and while I was tending to him, Blue was practically doing the "pee dance" at the front door. Bless his heart he held it all in and released as soon as he got to the front door. All in all, no accidents last night and he stayed in the floor by the bed, as we have not gotten a crate for him. May not need one. I have been looking online for local trainers who can help with his anxiety (not aggression) around other dogs.
  • That is great that you rescued him.