Pensacola, FL - 3 y/o handsome Shiba Inu in need of a home, he's free

edited July 2012 in Rescue
http://sarasota.craigslist.org/pet/3089589915.html

A friend of mine posted this on my Facebook, he's a super handsome long legged little dude! Reminds me of @losech 's Conker. Does someone have a good home for him or know someone who would want him?

Comments

• Gah realized I should have put this under Rescue, oops.
  • He does kinda look like Conker! Very rangy. I hope he gets a good home, Mom would kill me if I got another dog while she was out of town.
  • He is a very handsome boy! I hope he finds a great home!!
  • @Losech I thought Conker straight away from those rangy legs haha. I'm considering fostering him while a forever home is found, I don't like the idea of a "free" dog on facebook, especially in Florida.
  • edited July 2012
    I wish I could take him on a temporary basis. My dog has isolation anxiety and a second dog seems to cure it.

I doubt my girlfriend likes the idea of another shiba... My last one had a really bad case of resource guarding and different triggers. I'm open to the idea but I won't be if the while household is not on board.

I can drive if anyone wants to take him in. I like"free" dogs on cl mainly because I believe the owners just want a good home, not any money.
  • @Zinja I hear you, I do like it for that reason. But I don't because that leaves him open to irresponsible people thinking yay free dog, then not spending any money on him for good food or good health care because, hey, it's a free dog :\
  • @cezieg, lots of studies would back you up on that one. People tend to value that which they have spent even a little money on, in the long run. I personally like the ads that say something like "Free with a $50 donation to the local shelter" or some other rescue group.

The other really important reason "free" is not good is that scumbags DO troll Craigslist for free dogs. While we'd hope that the original owner will pre-screen thoroughly, most transactions on CL are quick. That's what it was set up for. And you don't want to know what happens to some of those "free to good home" pets...

Hope this guy lands in a good home. Lots of Shibas on CL in FL. =(
  • I didn't think of it that way. The last shiba I got asked for a check with a donation to the sarasota humane society. It was really nice of them.
  • If you could find someone to watch him till late Sept early Oct. I would be interested in taking him. I have a house being built in Anna, Tx. I was planning on getting a second dog when I move in. Got a decent sized yard and parents have a 26 acre lot half hour away and they have 3 dogs. So he can get plenty of exercise and socialization. How does he do with other dogs and cats.
  • I'm not sure. I emailed the owner... No responses yet.
  • Let me know if he sends you any response. If not I'll shoot him an email here in a little bit.
  • Okay, I'll let you know.