Think this is a Kai mix?

aykayk
edited October 2012 in Rescue
Minus the white urajiro and the size, does this dog seem like a Kai or Kai mix to you guys? Her tongue spots and ear set are not consistant with Jindo.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/16704406

Comments

• Hmm... I am no expert, but I think she does look very Kai-ish. And she looks kind of familiar, although I can not for the life of me figure out why.
  • @ayk You don't think she's a Jindo? I would like to know why! (I don't know enough about either breed to make the distinction, trying to learn.)
  • edited October 2012
    She looks similar my adopted Eevee! Her face is very Asian IMHO and is very slender. Very good looking dog. I'm going to shoot them an email to see if I can get some background on her.

Here is a photo of Eevee. Tounge is the same too.

• aykayk
    edited October 2012
    The tongue spots are an instant "not a Jindo". Koreans really don't like them, and if they're there, they're usually a single small spot.

The ear set on Jindos tend to be off to the side of the head. When relaxed, pointed out rather than straight up.

edit: @poeticdragon . Here's an example of a female brindle Jindo.

• She does look rather Kai-like!
  • I think she looks like a Kai more than a Jindo. Actually, she looks Kai to me.

It's convenient that she's also in Ohio. I can send the link to Pam and Marsha to see what they think. Pam's in Ohio.
  • She looks like a Kai to me too!
  • She looks like Juno! Especially the ears.
  • Its a good possibilty she is kai mix, too. I have been studying jindo eyes and ears now and... not a jindo. :) Ann's website is excellent on describing and showing specific jindo features!
    (Not for nothing, but Sage is a kai x bully mix and he has very similar underbrindle coloring like that- maybe thats what happens when kais get mixed.)
  • She looks more Kai than Jindo to me. Very pretty girl.
  • I sent her link to Pam and she said that she'd check it out. She did point out to me that this girl is not so little, 50 pds.

I think I'm the only one with a 52 pd. Kai. :-P
  • @tjbart17 Give Goro 2 months! lol
  • @Hinata23 Ha ha ha ha. That's awesome. How big is he now?
  • edited October 2012
    @tjbart17 40 something pounds at 6 months.
  • @Hinata23 Yep you got yourself a Koda!! El Gordito is fab.
  • Still no email back :(
  • Here's another Kai-ish dog on petfinder:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/24026939
  • I think it is a jindo, not a kai mix- from what Ive learned about jindo ears & eyes vs NK ears & eyes :) @ayk
  • aykayk
    edited November 2012
    I thought she could be a Jindo based on the first head shot released of her, but then with the additional photos, thought she was a Jindo mixed with something else.
  • Reese looks like a kai and Cocoa looks like a jindo. That's my take.