Brindle Akita Inu for rescue Bay Shore, NY / Westland, MI

edited November 2012 in Rescue
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/24544354

I sent the shelter an email asking for information on Buddha and will let you know if they respond.

edit: I just found out they are a kill shelter and emailed the Akita Rescue Society of Florida to see if there is any way they can help.

Comments

• There is an Akita rescue in NY that might help as well.
  • All of our municipal shelters are kill shelters, which sucks but they do get a lot of dogs dumped on them. Being that Bay Shore isn't too far away, I'm willing to help if anyone needs it. He is a handsome boy
  • I emailed Big East Akita Rescue and Akita Rescue of Western New York. To see if they can help out in any way.

I am looking for a dog for Eevee because her separation anxiety greatly reduces when she is home with someone. If I find out that Budda behaves well with other dogs, cats, and children, I may be tempted to fly up there to snatch him up!
  • edited November 2012
    Have you tried calling the shelter to get more info on him? You may not get an answer now (they close at 4:30est), but you can try tomorrow after they open.

Edit: You may have problems contacting them though since Sandy may have taken their power out, not sure if that's the case though. At least from what I've heard, this shelter is the few better ones on the island.
  • Wow he's super handsome. I really wish I was able to take in another dog right now :\
  • Big East Akita rescue got hammered by Sandy. They can't even take care of the Akitas they have right now, though they may be able to put you in contact with someone that can help. Right now, BEAR needs help, though!

He's a handsome dog though!
  • That's a shame. I did read about their relief efforts on their website.

I called up the shelter and they said there is an application pending for her, which is great news! They did say the pending application is taking quite some to complete it though.

The Akita Rescue of Florida did forward my email to one of their contacts in the tri-state areas.
  • Oh man, he is lovely! Why does he have to be so far away from where I live???
  • Wow, that's a gorgeous Akita too, and does not look like a mix.
  • The gorgeous red brindle is no longer listed. I want to say that's a good sign.