Possible Shikoku in Shelter! (not an intro sorry!)

edited January 2013 in Rescue
I'm sorry I don't have posting privileges yet (probably until after I introduce myself? This is time sensitive though, I will introduce myself after this) so if this can be moved or if someone can repost it in the Rescue category that'd be awesome!

I'm currently living in Okinawa, Japan and there is a possible Shikoku in the shelter that will be gassed (from what I understand) on Monday (JST so Sun night for those in US) . At this point in time I am not sure if I can adopt a dog due to something that might happen in the future but thats not for a while so I could foster until then. In the event I couldnt keep her then I need to know that someone is willing to pay shipping to get her (I obviously wouldnt charge for her, you'd just have to pay shipping). Even then I haven't run this past my husband just yet because he is asleep but if I had someone interested Im sure he would agree to help out. Anyway here are the photos:
Photos off: http://www.facebook.com/doggieinc

Im really sorry for posting in the wrong area, even if no one is ready for her right now if you guys think it'd be easy to place her in a home in the future than I'm willing to try. I just dont want to get her out and then find out later on that I cant keep her and that I also wouldnt be able to find a good home for her.

Comments

• Can you tell us anything more about her? Altered, weight, potential age?
  • The somewhat complicated part is the shelter is Japanese and won't let Americans in other than the adoption/rescue agency: http://www.doggiesinc.org/

I'll email them and ask for more info though Im not sure how much they will even know. According to the description in one photo she is assumed at being 6 years old, another photo says "This girl looked as though she had puppies in the past. We were told she's not very friendly from the staff."
    Although Im not sure 'not very friendly' just means reserved, scared or what. As I know my shiba might be perceived as 'not very friendly' to most strangers simply because he doesnt have much interest in them.
    I assume she isn't altered but would need to be with the contract through the adoption agency.
  • Moved to the Rescue section. Welcome to the forum! Feel free to introduce yourself later.