Nihonken Invitational - November 2nd 2014 Claremont California Trophy Sponsors Sheet Posted 8/18/14
  • *JackBurton**JackBurton*
    PLEASE SCROLL TO LAST PAGE FOR AWARDS SPONSORSHIP.

I can finally put a name on the date.

For the past couple years there has been a lot of talk about getting a west coast show going for our Nihonken members. At our general meeting in Feb, JACA members were very interested in having a second show. So we decided to put the two ideas together into one show.

We are calling it the Nihonken Invitational and we are licensed for the following breeds: Akita(Japanese) Akita(American, Shiba, Shikoku, Kai, Kishu, Hokkaido, and Jindo. JACA has also put in for a full Altered Class show and a Non-Licensed Class puppies(3mo-just under 6mo). There will also be Junior Showmanship classes as well. To keep cost under control I'm not adding anything else for this first show. This is a conformation only show(s)

JACA is also opting to make it a two show day. Show 1 then a break and then Show 2. UKC shows tend to run rather quickly since everything is handled as group showing and not single showing. I like the idea of two shows since it allows us to show under two different judges. It also exposes two different judges to breeds that they normally don't see. I've got signed contracts for both judges. The two show day also helps those who want to show and live out of town.

The location is the Hotel Claremont: http://www.myhotelclaremont.com/ So the show and accommodations are one the same site. I will post room rates ASAP.

Costs, I'm aiming on keeping the show entry fees low. My goal is to offer: Pre-entry $20 one show/ Day of show entry $25/$30entering the same dog in both shows. So no mix and matching.

I don't have the time to setup a pre-show event. Would nihonken forum members be interested in getting something going for Saturday? I would love to have a pre-show event.

Like I said in my other post, JACA is handling the big ticket items: Show site costs, Judges fees, etc. We will be offering sponsorships for the awards. If we can get the bulk of the awards sponsored, this would allow me offer rosettes all the way through the best of winners of each breed. We have to buy ALOT of awards to get this off the ground. @ayk and @poeticdragon be ready to fix my math errors :) But we are offering 8 breeds for this show. So the current plan is to use group showing as the final round of the show. So final placements would be the 1st - 4th place finishers of group showing of the regular show and the 1st-4th place finishers of the altered show. Then each breed has to have this on hand for both the altered and regular show:

Best of Breed -Rosette
    Grand Champion -Rosette
    Champion -Rosette
    Reserve Champion -Rosette
    Best of Winners -Rosette
    Best Male -Ribbon
    Reserve Best Male -Ribbon
    Best Female -Ribbon
    Reserve Best Female -Ribbon
    Breeder Handler M/F 1st-4th Ribbon
    Adult M/F 1st-4th Ribbon
    Senior M/F 1st-4th Ribbon