NIPPO Standard and Kinked Tails

Does anyone know if kinked tails are ok by NIPPO standard as long as they're still sickled or curled-- or would a kinked tail be considered a "defect" and disqualification?

Nami has a slight kink in her tail and I don't know if it's been with her since birth or if it's from an injury. I did notice it was in one of the pictures someone took of her as a puppy, so I'm guessing the former?

It's not a huge deal to me and it's verrrry small - not super exaggerated - which is why I hadn't asked about it until now, but I'm trying to make it to the NIPPO show this year (though it's looking a bit hopeless at the moment) and figured it would be good to know.

You don't notice it too much until you know it's there and put your hands on her, but it's about halfway down her tail where it turns over her back.

Comments

• Really hard to see if there is a kink through those pics. In the second pic, Nami's tail reminds me of Miyu's tail looks similar due to having slightly thicker fur towards the base of the tail compared to the tip. Does her tail literally feel kinked when you feel between the fur?
  • I don't think the judge will notice. And I doubt the NIPPO judge will run his fingers through the entire tail to measure the length.
  • edited August 2014
    Even if the judge did notice - its so minor. If your competition was equal to Nami in every way except his tail didn't kink, then the other dog will probably win. However, in real life that never happens. All dogs have faults, including the competition, and finding two dogs that are exactly equal in every aspect is basically impossible. Accept the faults that are minor and don't stress about them. For all you know, the competition could be cow-hocked or incorrectly marked or something much more obvious.
  • @Calia - Yeah, it's like a tiny little zig zag in the bones of her tail.

Good to know, thank you, everyone! I've just never shown before and it's not really a huge issue. I just figured I'd ask to be prepared!
  • She's had that kink since she was a pup but unless you feel for it, it's hard to tell it's even there.