Rescue Organizations

edited September 2015 in Rescue
I have a question. I have always thought my true calling would be rescue of senior Akita's. They are older, often need medication and harder to find someone who will take an older dog. My husband won't hear of it. He's afraid of inheriting someone else's problems. I have a pretty decent job and make fairly good money. I would like to make some donations. What Rescue's would you suggest? How do you know the money would go to caring for the dogs. SOS tops my list at the moment. I like the idea of helping Akita's stay with the home they have. And they say the money does not go directly to the people. I had read about SOS before and saw the site is listed with some other's on Poeticdragon's (sorry I don't think I spelled that right) kennel website. Thanks.

Comments

• WAG Washington Akita Group
  • I think Big East Akita Rescue (BEAR) does good work.
  • Thank you. I will look at those sites and write some checks. I did see where one did take PayPal one time when I was looking at Rescue sites.
  • BEAR is one of my favorites.
  • BEAR and ARSF (Akita Rescue Society of Florida) both do awesome work and often coordinate with each other.
  • Thank you all. Next pay check BEAR and SOS are the winners. I still like SOS. After that perhaps ARSF.
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks for the input. Got very nice replys from both organizations. Very grateful for the help. Made me feel better to help the breed I love very much.