A beautiful shelter dog (possibly wolf hybrid) in PA needs a home!

edited May 2008 in Rescue
This is a non Nihon Ken but still a breathtakingly beautiful dog!
Koko is in Milford PA's Pike County Humane Society.
I met KOKO this morning when dropping off item donations. I think she's a wolf hybrid by the way she was acting and interacting with other dogs but she was a sweetheart.

I was touched by her, taken with her beauty. At 7am this morning, she was up with the dew and loving it. She is going to need work though, she's what the staff called a 'free spirit' but she deserves the best, most knowledgeable kind of dog home.

Photobucket
Koko

* Animal: Dog
* Breed: German Shepherd Dog, Husky[Mix]
* Sex: Female
* Size: Medium

No, this isn't a wolf running loose in our yard. This is Koko, a 2 year old Husky/Shepherd mix. She's a nice girl who likes to run and play and be where the action is. She's prettier than this picture makes her look and gets along well with people and other dogs.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10808716

Comments

• edited November -1
    yea, she is really pretty!
  • edited November -1
    I might be wrong but Czech Wolf Dog comes to mind. Being one or not, she's beautiful!
  • edited November -1
    Wow, what a beautiful dog! I hope they find a suitable home for her, soon. :)
  • edited November -1
    I was kinda thinking Tamaskan. I know they're Husky/Malamute/GSD mixes anyway. ;-)
  • edited November -1
    Whatever she is I just wish that I find a dog like her in my future. She was beautiful and sweet.
  • edited November -1
    Sadly, I can confidently say, that you will not have a problem finding another beautiful dog like her looking for a home pretty much anytime. We have even had a full blood wolf brought to us at the shelter.(he went to sanctuary as I am sure you were wondering)
  • edited May 2008
    Actually I brought that up to them - to look in to a Sanctuary for her if she is a wolf or just wolf hybrid.. I hope they do. But they have her listed as a domestic mix.. I just don't see any "domestic" side at all. You had to have met her - so calm, collected, sure footed and still sweet enough to greet me with respect. Although I might have made her nervous - I kept staring at her!
    I'm learning still that you can't save them all, but I just can't help falling for most! Not enough to bring them home, but enough to be concerned with ensuring the right forever home..
  • edited November -1
    As I mentioned in another thread 6 dogs were put down yesterday. After which, 2 dogs were adopted, and 2 dogs were returned to their owners. F*%#ing sucks. That is 4 dogs we could have kept alive if only those folks had come a day earlier.

I will fall in love with every one of them. It is in my nature. It is why I do what I do. I just have learned that pain is part of the process (process of living, not just shelter work) and at the least it make the happy moments all the sweeter.
  • edited November -1
    A lot of husky/GSD mixes look like wolf hybrids without having any wolf in them. I don't think it really matters as long as it goes to a good home.