Akita Inu Puppy at my shelter

2»

Comments

• edited November -1
    butaniku-means pork in japanese
    koguma- or bear cub
    kobuta-piglet...
  • edited November -1
    "Bun Cha" is a Vietnamese grilled pork dish, and I think it's really fun to say. It's pronounced "boon" more than "bun".

If we are going for a pork theme....

Also, Barbara you are awesome for taking this guy in, and making the trip down to get him. I'm glad this was resolved so quickly and he can be on his way out of the shelter very soon.
  • edited November -1
    Awesome!
  • edited November -1
    Wow - GREAT NEWS! Im so glad this little guy will be out of the shelter! Barbara - keep us updated on this little guy and how everything goes with Mika.

As for names - he looks like a Chibi (small, tiny, little) to me. haha
  • edited November -1
    Not for long though, hehe.

Well, I think Thor's Hammer (Brandon rules) would be perfect here. Or Mjolnir, in the original version :-P

I really like the name Otso (the spririt/king of the woods/forest in Finnish mythology, usually imaged as a bear, thus sometimes seen as spirit of the bear). If/when I get my Jamthund, he has to be called Otso.
  • edited November -1
    Along those lines, how about Otto?
  • edited November -1
    I think you should name him "Happy" - he looks very happy in those pics.
  • edited November -1
    Aww, what a sweetie! And look at this forum at work. That's what it's all about - networking to help dogs!
  • edited November -1
    Barbara and Kurt picked him up today! Her dogs did great. I am sure she will have plenty to write about, and she is still looking for a forever home for the little man so if you know of anyone send them her way.
  • edited November -1
    YAY! Im glad everything worked out! I can't wait to hear how he's fitting in!
  • edited November -1
    That's GREAT! I will keep my eyes and ears open for people I think would make a good forever home for him.
  • edited November -1
    Great news! Such a cutie. It's going to hard to give him up.
  • edited November -1
    how wonderful! I'll see what I can do!
    What is she going to call him?
  • edited November -1
    Terrific! I can't wait to hear more.
  • edited November -1
    Great! Looking forward to reading Porkchops adventures with Mika and Keigo. It's nice of Mika to leave him in one piece ;-P
  • edited November -1
    Very Cute!!!