Viszla in need of a family

edited August 2008 in Rescue
Tony is a purebred 5 year old neutered male vizsla. He was surrendered by his owner for fighting with one of her 7 other dogs.

Tony is VERY affectionate, a true velcro dog. He wants nothing but to lay on the couch next to you, his head on your lap. He prefers to be with his person at all times, preferably touching him. He wants to cuddle, eat, sleep, and cuddle some more. Tony is very soft tempered, even for a vizsla, and desperately wants to please. He is very much a people focused dog, rather than a dog's dog. He is accustomed to being allowed on furniture and sleeping in his person's bed, but he has taken well to sleeping on his dog bed on the floor at night.

Tony is less active than most vizslas. He'd rather be snuggled on the couch watching a movie with you than out at the park or on a hike.

Tony is somewhat submissive and becomes very nervous with dogs that are too forward or dominant. He is currently living in a foster home with one other dog and is fine with a respectful mellow companion.

Tony does have some separation anxiety issues and can only be crated for short periods of time. For this reason, he will not be placed in a home where he would be left alone for the work day. A retired person or couple or someone that works from home or part time would be ideal. He should be an only dog or be placed with a dog that is calm.

Tony is a very special dog and will make the right person or family a perfect best friend and constant companion.

Tony is being fostered through Vizsla Club of America. An application, home visit and adoption fee of $250 will be required for his adoption

Please email tonyvizsla@yahoo.com if you have any questions or would like to meet Tony.Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comments

• edited November -1
    I'm going to forward this to a friend's boyfriend, he just lost his visla to cancer 2 years ago. He always talks about the breed. But she has a snarky little cairn terrier - not mellow - and just moved in with him.. but I'll forward this anyway.
  • edited November -1
    AH tell her to lose the cairn. She can send it back to Dorothy in Kansas.
    ;)
  • edited November -1
    I'm sure she'd consider it for a brief second - that dog is a HANDFUL! And this from a woman who spends her days with three shiba inus.

Anyway, I forwarded it, asking that maybe he might know someone in the Visla circle...
  • edited November -1
    I love Vizla!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    Hey!! some Dorthys in Kansas have shibas!:)
  • edited November -1
    HAHA
    Touche`
  • edited November -1
    Unrelated, but sort of related: I was just talking with another NYCSR volunteer who has a sister in shiba rescue in Texas. There is a woman who bought a shiba puppy from a friend who bred hers (back yard breeder) for her four year old son. He has since "lost interest" and they are trying to sell the dog to recoup some of the monies, $900 to be exact. The dog is 7 months old. The rescue volunteer caught wind from a craigslist ad.
    When they went to do an evaluation on the dog for rescue, he was living outside, tethered, hadn't been groomed and was a totally untrained, unaltered wild thing. They hadn't even given it its full vaccine schedule.

I can't believe anyone living in a civilized country can be so callous to another living thing.
    Just like I cannot accept that in a country of Oprah's, 20/20's and internet, people STILL support pet store puppy sales.. UGH!
  • edited November -1
    Viszla is GORGEOUS!!!

And with the shiba story...recoup what costs? They did NOTHING!
  • edited November -1
    I've owned two Viszla's and they are wonderful family dogs. So sweet. Tony sounds typical for the breed....velcro dog; wish I could take him, but I have to be away for work during the day.