Dogs at the Dane County Humane Society (Pictures) - Updated 07-27-2009

Comments

• edited November -1
    Rocky is gorgeous!
  • edited November -1
    All the dogs are beautiful! I hope they find homes :)

I love the german shepherd [ ? ] ~
  • edited November -1
    Okay, the shiba/corgi is RIDICULOUS.

I don't need to tell you how awesome they are...
  • edited November -1
    The Shiba/Corgi cracks me up. That loooong body with the Shiba tail stuck on the end. Shiba face but giant Corgi ears on the end. He has the double coat of a Shiba too, you can see in the one picture that he has just a bit of a coat blowing going on near his tail. Sweet dog though.

I'd have to say I like almost all the dogs that come in, probably 95% or more. Right now though, there is this one black lab and she just annoys the crap out of me. Her problems aren't her fault, but she is hard to deal with. The first time I opened her kennel door to leash her up, she charged the gate (in a happy way) because she was so excited to go out, and she is about 120lbs if not more, she's fat. I had to pretty much tackle her so I could get the leash out of her head before she took off down the hall. When we are outside, if I am not in the fenced area with her, she cries and whines and high pitch barks the entire time. Then when I go over by her she excited cries, and runs up to me and starts rubbing her slobbery face on me, and then on my arms when I try to pet her. So I get covered in foamy dog drool, which is not one of my favorite things. I feel bad for not liking her, but her bark is like a fire alarm mixed with a drill that's going full boar in my ear. I couldn't even get pictures of her because when you are in by her, she is right in your face the whole time.
  • edited November -1
    I love them all! You take great pictures.
  • edited November -1
    Don't feel bad Brandon. You don't like all people do you? I certainly don't, and I don't feel bad about it either. Some dogs, just like some people, have character traits that rub us the wrong way. If you're at the 95% level on liking dogs at the shelter, you're doing way better than I am.
  • edited November -1
    LOL. That Shiba/Corgi cracks me up!!!! Even more so when you look at her head on.
  • edited September 2008
    Well Percy has officialy been released. He has started his new life, which will hopefully be a little kinder than his previous one.

A few other dogs from last Sunday...

Look at the fur on this guy:

DCHS Dogs 08-24-08-2886

This guy was a jumper, not only would he jump at your front, but he would run up behind you and launch like a torpedo into your back. Last week this guy turned. Became very aggressive and bit a couple of people while trying to get at other dogs. Once you got him one on one he was sweet, but he had done the damage.

RIP 09-04-2008

DCHS Dogs 08-24-08-2960
  • edited November -1
    Yay for Percy being given a new start in life! That's great to hear. :-) The fluff ball is super cute. :-)

I have a question Brandon. Are your skills just that good or is it ALWAYS sunny out when you go volunteer?
  • edited November -1
    I take sunshine with me Dave!

Lately it has been sunny, sometimes too sunny and my highlights get blown. Last Thursday it was very cloudy with a chance of rain, so I didn't take my camera, and it did rain.
  • edited November -1
    Percy update. He was taken in by the Chicagoland Bully Breed Rescue. A foster Mom in Wisconsin took him in and plans to keep him as a "permanent" foster. If he can't get therapy certification she is still going to do what she can to use him as an education dog to spread the word about how sweet these dogs can be.

Here is there site, but I don't think he will ever be listed on there:
    http://chicagolandbullybreedrescue.org/
  • edited November -1
    Brandon, that just made my day.
  • edited November -1
    It made mine too.
  • edited November -1
    I am so glad that Percy is getting a second chance. He deserves it. :) Thanks for the good news, Brandon!
  • edited November -1
    that is awesome.... :))
  • edited November -1
    Great news! Thanks for brightening my day a bit. :-)
  • edited November -1
    That's great Percy news!
    He deserves a great life!
  • edited September 2008
    More new dogs.

This Dobie likes to run with Rocky (pictured previously):

DCHS Dogs 08-31-2008-3519

These two Beagles came in as strays, they seem to have gotten into some nasty black gunk that stuck to their fur and was hard. I'm thinking it's some black top/resurfacing type stuff that they have been putting on streets around here. Nemo tried to roll in it once. They have been picked up by their owner.

DCHS Dogs 08-28-2008-3095

DCHS Dogs 08-28-2008-3103

This is Salsa, a hear meltingly sweet Chi. Never heard her bark (or yap) once. Just loved some petting and belly rubs. She was taken in by a Chi rescue over the weekend.

DCHS Dogs 08-31-2008-3497

A sweet Husky who came in stray. Really into petting for a Husky, has a confident strut.

DCHS Dogs 08-31-2008-3481

This guy is full of himself, apparently he knows he has huge balls. But those will be gone soon....

DCHS Dogs 08-28-2008-3122

A really cute Maltese. I'm not into small dogs usually, but this guy is like the Chi. You can't not love him.

DCHS Dogs 08-31-2008-3548

How does a dog with three working legs get away from you?

DCHS Dogs 08-28-2008-3191

This girl is really sweet, but apparently didn't past some fucking behavior test, I'm bummed.
    RIP 09-04-2008

DCHS Dogs 08-28-2008-3136

Puppy lab mix:
    DCHS Dogs 08-28-2008-3045

These two are both dog breeds that you would expect to be brave and strong, but these two are both shy and scared. Somebody didn't take care of them properly. It's heartbreaking to see, as they are just a shell of what they could be.

DCHS Dogs 08-31-2008-3534

DCHS Dogs 08-28-2008-3171

More:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandon_w/sets/72157607045426166/
  • edited November -1
    I think I'm going to come up with some acronym or abbreviation so I don't have to keep typing "great shots as usual Bradon". Maybe "gasub"? ;-)

I have such a soft spot for Rotties. That last one makes me sad.
  • edited November -1
    I love rotties, too, Dave!!! Yet another thing we have in common.
  • edited November -1
    The tongue on the guy with the big balls?!?!?! OMG Does the tongue match the balls? Jeeze!
    What happened to the doggie with the bandaged leg?
  • edited November -1
    With his tongue and his balls he has every reason to be confident. Lady dogs faint in their kennels when he walks past.

The dog with the cast on his leg came in that way, so I don't know what happened.
  • edited November -1
    The euthanized Rocky, and I'm pretty bummed about it. Well I liked all of the dogs they euthanized this week, but two out of three came out of left field to me. Sometimes I really wonder what the hell they are doing to get some of these dogs to test out as aggressive.

Maybe I'm just extra bummed because the first e-mail I read this morning was my friend letting me know that his three year old Shiba had passed away. It was Yuri, I've mentioned her on here before, she lived with Hanzo who has been in many pictures. Yuri had liver issues and this time they just couldn't fix it. It's a sad day for me.
  • edited November -1
    Oh, Brandon. I am so sorry about Yuri. She had such a sweet face. And I am bummed about Rocky, too. :( I just wish they could all find good loving homes.
  • edited November -1
    :( I'm sorry Brandon.
  • edited November -1
    Wow Brandon-That is a rough day, im so sorry. Poor Hanzo and parents, it is always those left behind that hurt, but they are no longer in pain.
  • edited November -1
    Feel better Brandon, at least you tried <3 ~
  • edited November -1
    Oh man Brandon. I'm so sorry to hear about Yuri. That is tragically young. At least she was cared for during her way to short life. :-/
  • edited November -1
    Brandon. So sorry to hear all this. Yuri, especially being so young!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks everyone.