R.I.P Puddin'

edited September 2008 in Rescue
Puddin' one of my most beloved dogs at the shelter "turned" this past week. He is lunging and trying to bite everyone at the shelter...except me.

I have seen the lunging and snapping, however the moment I walk up to his kennel he sits down quietly and if I (and only me) get close to the cage he will lick me through the chain link. If someone else steps up he gnashes his teeth growling and barking.

Both men and women.

He is being euthanized tomorrow.

I am broken hearted.

puddin pool I miss you already

Comments

• edited November -1
    aww. :( I'm sorry to hear that. He's such a beautiful dog.
  • edited November -1
    I am so sorry! He is gorgeous and his colors are amazing. Has he been in the shelter too long?
    Poor baby, big hug to you Jess!!
  • edited November -1
    I'm sorry to hear this Jess. Watching a dog deteriorate in a kennel is the worst.
  • edited November -1
    How sad. Sorry to hear that Jess. At least he had a friend in you!
  • edited November -1
    Aww...that is really heartbreaking. Im so sorry Jess. He is a beautiful dog...and at least he had you for the remainder of his life.
  • edited November -1
    That's awful. I'm really sorry to hear he couldn't get a second chance. Take comfort in the fact that you were able to bond with him. Big hugs from afar.
  • edited November -1
    Sorry to hear this...know that you have provided a bright spot for this beautiful creature, a friend to one that didn't get a second chance.

Thank you for caring and being that friend.
  • edited November -1
    RIP Puddin'.

Puddin' has such a happy Pit smile in that pic...
  • edited November -1
    Poor babe <3 ~
  • edited November -1
    I'm sorry humans failed you Puddin, RIP.

I'm sorry Jess.

----
  • edited November -1
    I'm so sorry, to you and to Puddin. I wish the world were more fair.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm so sorry for you and Puddin'... My 'inlaws' suggested I try to do shelter volunteer work... which I would love to do, but I'd be way too attached - hell I shed some tears just looking at that beautiful baby :o(

I don't know how you do it Jessica, but I appreciate that there are people like you in the world who are so selfless and helpful.
  • edited November -1
    I'm sorry to read this. I'm sorry Puddin wasn't allowed to have a happy life.
    He deserved better, they all do.
  • edited November -1
    So sad...I understand that you are broken heart.

One of my japanese friend she had a shiba female who died at the age of 16 years old. One day following her shibas has passed away, she told told her son that her shiba went into the space forever and so he called her Isahime the shiba astronaut. It is a cute little story that saved her from explaining things to her young son.

So let's whish a nice journey to Puddin...