Next week...

edited September 2008 in Rescue
Next week, I have the pleasure (please read into the sarcasm here) of working in Mooresville, NC with someone I used to know very well. Unfortunately, I had no choice in the matter. Due to my schedule there, I probably won't be able to get on very much, so don't think I've abandoned the forum next week, just expect for me not to be on very much and posting even less.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that LJ, we'll miss you. :-)

BTW, is this in the "rescue" category because you're going to need rescuing before the week is over? ;-)
  • edited November -1
    I meant to put it in the Off-Topic, oops! Someone may need to rescue him. My biggest issue is that I feel I "can work my magic" (his words to my boss' boss) from here and not on location, but since he went straight to the top, I have no choice. They wanted me to leave this afternoon and be there through next weekend. I'll be there Mon-Fri.
  • edited November -1
    lol - I was thinking the same thing Dave!

Good luck LJ - I hate traveling for work - I feel your pain.

----
  • edited November -1
    HUG!
  • edited November -1
    We'll miss you, but we'll see you again soon! :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Thanks - I don't mind travelling for work - I've had a lot of fun doing it in fact. I just think this is an unnecessary trip at the behest of someone on a power trip.

Oh well, until I find that perfect job, I'll slog on through the mud of corporate politics.
  • edited November -1
    Good luck LJ!
  • edited November -1
    Alrighty, I'm getting ready to power down the laptop so I can get ready for bed. 4am is way too early for the night owl. I've got to get 2-3 hours in at my work location before I can drive to nowhere.

BTW, I got more details...apparently information for one of our national teams was requested in July, due Aug 1, realized it was unsent this past Wednesday. It turns out I'm a bit familiar with the process because I did this for my group in July - it took me 3 straight weeks of 65+ hours. My group is a bit larger than this national team (we manufacture & distribute the grass seed, whereas this a just a retail national team). If I can, I'll get on because I know I'll need the lift that nothing other than Nihon Ken spam provides.
  • edited November -1
    Awww, LJ. I hope they appreciate how valuable you are!
  • edited November -1
    LJ: "If I can, I'll get on because I know I'll need the lift that nothing other than Nihon Ken spam provides."

I know what you mean! If I've had an off day/bad day, I love to get on here. It really is a day brightener. I hope all goes well for you! Travel safe!
  • edited November -1
    I've been out of spam for 3 days, and got back on the forum today. Spam is good!
  • edited November -1
    I'm pretty bored right now...hurry up and wait. Unfortunately, I do not have all the data that I need to complete my tasks and those that have work to complete are SLACKERS!!!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    I hate SLACKERS!!!!!
  • edited November -1
    Supposedly, we'll be having a meeting soon that will say they don't go home until I have my material.
  • edited November -1
    HUG!
  • edited November -1
    Thank you! When I left to go get Japanese - the group was there working into the night. I just called and they are still there and aren't done yet. The goal is that they will have at least half of it done by the time I get in there at 5 in the morning. Their next deadline is at 10 for the remainder. That way I can finish the preliminary audit of the forecast by the time I leave for dinner tomorrow. That leaves them to review the prelim and (in theory) I can finalize it Thursday morning and have the forescast ready to submit Thursday afternoon. All of this means, I can leave early and get home to see my depressed dog.
  • edited November -1
    Dear LJ,
    I hope your slacker people have finished their work to allow you to go home and visit Jazz. I thought you might like some silly puppy spam to help cheer you up.
    Sending happy thoughts,
    Nola

Photobucket

Photobucket
  • edited November -1
    I'm still stuck in the hotel, but thank you soooooo much! What beautiful spam! I did call and speak to Jazz via speakerphone - she just pawed at it and then went to her crate. I'm sure she's trying to figure out how a big gal like me got trapped in the tiny speakerphone.

Apparently she's done pretty well - she's moping and won't jump on the bed - they're also not able to get her to eat but about 1/4 of her food, but that's it. She still keeps going to the door and staring at it, but that's about it.

It looks like this may become a semi-regular occurance, so we are trying to find a pet-friendly hotel. They are fine with me bringing Jazz in with me.
  • edited November -1
    Aww, poor Jazz. Hopefully you will be able to find a pet friendly hotel and bring her with you next time. Sounds like she is coping fairly well. You will get an awesome welcome home party from her though! :)
  • edited November -1
    I know - that's what I keep reminding myself - that and the thought of a paycheck with 25-30 hours of overtime.
  • edited November -1
    A paycheck which you can use to completely spoil Jazz! ;-)

Nola, your mommy did a great job taking pictures of you to share with LJ. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Top Dogs (where the meetup is this weekend) has lots of stuff for me to buy for Jazz.
  • edited November -1
    OMG! What a cute puppy!!! Love that first pic.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Barbara and Dave! Nola makes it easy to take cute pictures of her. :) Too bad she is growing so freaking fast!

LJ - 25-30 hours of overtime... Jazz will love you with all her new toys! :)
  • edited November -1
    Well, I'm twiddling my fingers still (last 4 hours)- I'm waiting to see if there is anything else that Robbie can come up with - if not, I'll be headed home early (tomorrow). Since I'm remote, I don't have access to the programs that I would normally be working on(I have two PCs - one on network, one not), so I can't even catch up on work I have in office in Madison.
  • edited November -1
    Hahaha. Well LJ, at least you're getting paid overtime! :-)
  • edited November -1
    Well, I just had dinner and now see the real reason for me to come up here - I mentioned before that I used to work with Robbie and well, we've got some history - we'll leave it at that. Anyway, part of the reason I've had some free time is so that I could get a good read on his team. We've just gone over every member- their strengths and weaknesses. I won't be leaving early (DRATS!), but I'll be a lot busier tomorrow and Friday morning. It is definitely looking like I'll be coming up here every three months to work my "magic" on getting his team in gear.
  • edited November -1
    Well, hopefully today and tomorrow morning will go by super fast... and you can be back home with Jazz before you know it!

Have you had any luck finding a pet-friendly hotel to bring Jazz up with you next time?
  • edited November -1
    Extra overtime means more presents for Elijah??
  • edited November -1
    Silly Rachael, overtime is for Jazz...

I've had a lot more going on today - I'm no longer the nice visitor from corporate, but the evil taskmaster that won't let anyone go home to see their family.

What a difference a couple of days make.