ADOPTED! - Shiba with Cerebellar Hypoplasia in CT Shelter

edited September 2008 in Rescue
Sonny is a very special Shiba Inu. She was bought from a pet store "as is" what the unsuspecting new owners didn't know was that Sonny has is Cerebellar Hypoplasia, a malformation of her Cerebellum. There are no cures for this and it will be with her for life. Her biggest problems are imbalance, tremors and during her worst moments she cannot really walk well. These moments do not last and she is so use to dealing with them, that when they happen she quietly lays down and lets them pass. She is a normal girl every other way. She loves to go for walks especially with her best friends Nathaniel the border collie and Buttons her little chihuahua mix buddy. She will lead as normal a life as you will allow her. She is outgoing, friendly and house broken. She loves all of us at the shelter as much as we love her.

For more info: call AWS at 860-354-1350 or visit us during adoption hours (Tuesday from 11a.m until 7 p.m and Wednesday through Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) Adoption fee for dogs is $150 and puppies are $200.

Check out Sonny's petfinder page: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11830560&mt f=1

Comments

• edited November -1
    oh god. :< That poor puppy ... I can't believe that people would breed a dog like that. I hope she gets a good home, she really deserves one.
  • edited November -1
    I cant believe someone surrendered her. I understand they could be considered victims too, but what do you think "as is" means when BUYING a dog.
  • edited November -1
    I agree, Jessica. How can a family turn her over because she isn't perfect? People disgust me.
  • edited November -1
    I say this a lot, but I really wish I could adopt her. Who wouldn't love her?
  • edited November -1
    Oh, I know Brandon. If only I had more room. I would take her in a heartbeat.

And I am also pretty disgusted that her owners surrendered her. Who in their right mind would abandon such a sweet pup just because there is something wrong with her. And this something sounds like it might be pretty minor compared to other things that could happen.

I hope she finds a forever home soon.
  • edited November -1
    I really wish I could take her. She reminds me of these 2 cats at the rescue I used to volunteer for. Their mom had distemper so they were born with something I don't remember exactly what it was called. They shook when they were excited or scared and they had an opossum looking face. They were sweethearts and I loved them though.
  • edited November -1
    How heartbreaking on so many levels.
  • edited September 2008
    Some good news for the Happy Thread! Sonny has been ADOPTED!! The shelter told us that the candidate was very special, one in a million, and they wouldn't have parted with Sonny to anyone less worthy because of all the time, effort and love put in to her care while at the shelter.

Per her petfinder page:
    "We are very happy to let all of our petfinder friends know that Sonny has been adopted and is living a wonderful life with her new Shiba Inu brother in Maine. Her new owners are truly very special people !!!"

God I love happy endings!!!!
  • edited November -1
    Oh wow! If only we could get the new owner's on this forum! I think we'd all like to tell them Thank you for doing something so wonderful.
  • edited November -1
    That is great news. I'm so glad she found a loving home.
  • edited September 2008
    WOW - GREAT NEWS! I kept thinking of this little girl, I'm so happy she found a good home!

Hooray for good people!!!!

----
  • edited November -1
    Oh wow, Jen. You totally made my week (it has been a crazy hectic one)! I am so glad this little bundle of sunshine found herself a loving forever home. And with another Shiba, too!

I wish I could thank her new owners for being such awesome people.
  • edited November -1
    Very Happy News!!!
    So nice that she was adopted so quickly.
  • edited November -1
    YAY!!! :D ~