My Boyfriend...

edited October 2008 in Rescue
All the dogs I work with, touch my heart in some way or another. But every now and again, I get one that Jason has to practically physically restrain me to keep me from adopting them.

Nick is one of them.

We named him Nick Fury (Agent of Shield). He has one eye. And I LOVE him. He loves dogs, cats, children. He is perfect (except that he can't see the treat in your hand, so he puts your whole hand in his mouth and sucks the treat out).

Take note that the 2nd picture he has 2 tennis balls in his mouth!!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    OMG Jess I love him!! How old do you think he is? He is such a character...You sure that you want to keep Jason around...I mean look at this guy! LOL

BTW I just had some friends over and we were on my myspace to look at some pics of old colleagues and they saw your pic and made me show them all your pics...they are in love with you! They want me to tell you how gorgeous you are.
  • edited November -1
    First, I am totally blushing.

It is hard to say how old he is. His teeth don't look that bad. But he moves kind of slow. But that could also be because he is sleeping on a concrete floor and hasn't had the greatest life. I would put him at 6-8 hard years old.
  • edited November -1
    They totally had a girl crush on you, almost sounded disappointed you were married and they are very straight. LOL
    (can I make you blush more??)
  • edited November -1
    Jess - you, (as well as others on this forum) make it so hard to choose just one dog. He looks so amazing!
  • edited November -1
    Awww, what a sweet looking boy. I love the 2 tennis ball trick. I'm always very impressed when I see a dog do that. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Handsome Man! :)

I hope he has a good chance at finding a home. ~
  • edited October 2008
    He looks likes he's had a rough time, but he's very good looking nonetheless. There's some Dogo Argentino in him, I'd say, if not all.
  • edited November -1
    Rui, I agree on both the rough time, and the Dogo Argentino part. We have another pure Dogo who I believe is getting put down today. He barks very aggressively at everyone but me. I hate Thursdays.
  • edited November -1
    Nick is a great looking dog. Are his paws a bit messed up, splayed I think is the word? Possibly from having really long nails in the past.

I hope he finds the best of homes.
  • edited November -1
    His nails are actually shorter than I would like. I think the paw issue is these dogs are expected to sleep on bare concrete and a dog that size struggles with their joints on the hard surface. I finally got the ACOs to let me give him a blanket.

He is so good.

We got him because his owners were arrested. The wife was beating the husband, and as they were carting the wife away she pointed out there was a warrant out for her husbands arrest, so they carted him away too. They had small kids so DCYF came to get them and found Nick. So then animal control came to get him.

They wouldn't let me adopt him out for 2 weeks. Finally I nagged them enough that they gave up and he is officially up for adoption.
  • edited October 2008
    The dogs don't even get blankets there? :(

I saw his nails are now pretty short, and wondered if they had been clipped when he came into the shelter.
  • edited November -1
    Brandon if I told you the details of the shelter your blood would run cold.
  • edited November -1
    Jess, he is such a handsome boy. I wish the best for him. Any dog that can go through what this boy has and still have a smile on his silly little face deserves a lot of love for the rest of his life. Give him a big hug and a slobbery kiss from me and the Shibas! Hopefully he will find a loving home with a soft doggy bed soon.
  • edited November -1
    I'm not sure if it would run cold or boil.

Early this year, a local paper wrote a scathing report on how awful our shelter can be. It was so one sided and ill-informed that it was obnoxious. While our shelter is not perfect, and could certainly improve in some respects, as things can always get better, it is so far ahead of other places across the country. Some people don't realize how lucky we are in our county to have such a nice facility.