Southern Cali Meet up

I made a new thread for our meet-up.

Prado Dog Park

If for some reason you cannot view the above screen prints, you can view previous posts of the above here.

Comments

• edited November -1
    That park looks beautiful...and off-leash possibilities too? dSLR + telephoto goodness.

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Ugh... I've been trying to talk myself into driving down... but I just got the news that I need a stupid Tux - unexpected expense that cuts into 'funtime' funds! :o(
  • edited November -1
    I hear monkey suits are sort of spendy. You probably need one for your new "gig".
  • edited November -1
    Yeah I do Lindsay :o/
  • edited November -1
    cool! im open to all dates since i live in socal.
  • edited November -1
    Boo! We actually changed our minds about not going and here we find out you guys canceled the meetup lol. Well hiking with a 1-2 monther is a bit difficult so I guess we're out of the new plans too. If you guys decide to do something we can join in on someone better call me :P
  • edited November -1
    Why not do a combined picnic/hike? Those who can't hike, just sit and enjoy the weather and bbq/picnic?

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    RINA!!!!!! Hope you're well! :D ~
  • edited November -1
    Hehe hey Osy. I am well. Exhausted but well lol.
  • edited November -1
    a rare glimpse at the famed Rina! Please post pics of Micah!
  • edited November -1
    I second LJ! Micah spam pls! ~
  • edited November -1
    So...is there going to be a meetup in March at the time and place Corina suggested?

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    I'm in if there is still plans for a meet.
  • edited November -1
    Prado Park looks great! Harlow and I can make it on the week-end of Mar 21-22 but the next week-end Mar 28-29 would be better for us. We will go with whatever the majority of the group wants to do. Ed will have to stay home to baby sit Koshi and Goldie, they are not up to hiking anymore.
  • edited November -1
    I know we dont have our puppy yet, but I would still love to meet you all. Even though I havent really said much on the forum, I do enjoy reading every ones conversations : )

Unfortunately I am being laid off work and my last day is not until March 31st. I have family in So Cal so I will be heading down there for the 1st week of April, right before we get the puppy.

looks like I'll just be missing the meet up
  • edited November -1
    We won't be able to make it on the March 21-22 week-end after all.
  • edited March 2009
    so who's going to the meet-up and is prado park the definte locale? and is it March 21 or 22
  • edited November -1
    We can't make it this year.
  • edited November -1
    Damn I'm taking a few kids out turkey hunting that weekend. Gotta help the lessfortunate kids out.
  • edited November -1
    -bump-

I was wondering what was going on this weekend as well. I'm working Sunday morning, but I'm free all day Saturday.

Sounds like we may end up having to do a "forum meet-up" another time, where most of us can make it.

If anyone happens to be in the area though this weekend, perhaps we can still have a "mini meet-up"?

Who ever is still interested, let me know.

Still time to plan on location and activities. First up, we need to figure out who all will actually be able to make it.

Whose still up for this Saturday, March 21?
  • edited November -1
    I would be if the activity was infant friendly lol. If you guys decide to get a bite to eat after your hike, hit me up and we'll join you.
  • edited November -1
    I just found out my cousin is coming into town for Spring Break. I won't be available during this weekend for the meet-up. Durn. Hopefully I can catch you all and attend on another event before next year's BSA.

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Well, today doesn't look like it's gonna work out after all, not even for a mini-meetup.

We can always do a mini-meetup another time though...maybe just go out to lunch or something <--- if you live nearby. I know not everybody has their canine pals just yet.

Next time!

Anyone like authentic Japanese ramen?
  • edited November -1
    oooh you have my attention, what authentic japanese ramen place are you speaking of?

Jesse
  • edited March 2009
    I'm pretty sure she's talking about Shin Sen Gumi in Fountain Valley. I have been going there since I was a kid, it's gotten really popular over the past few years, when we would go for dinner, the wait was ridiculous - we eventually stopped going. They serve hakata style ramen.

There is another place in Costa Mesa that I like better...They serve different types of ramen as well as other rice dishes and appetizers. I cannot remember the name right now though! I eat there almost every sunday with my parents.
  • edited November -1
    I am always up for food :P
  • edited November -1
    Yup! Shin Sen Gumi it is. I've only just recently discovered this restaurant. I usually go twice a week during lunch time since there usually isn't a wait during those hours. I love the Hakata style ramen. My favorite place for this type of ramen is in Fukuoka at the Hakata train station in Japan. That's where I first tried this dish. Since distance is kinda an issue -smirks-...Shin Sen Gumi is the next best place to go to - it's definitely a lot closer, lol.

Romi - Hmmm, I'm up to try new places and new styles of ramen. If you could text me the cross-streets, I just might go check it out.
  • edited November -1
    Is this happening? or did I miss it? I got a Shiba pup now........ can I come?