Bialinger Residence Now Fostering!

edited January 2009 in Rescue
So I decided to start fostering dogs for a local rescue (Prairie Dog Canine Rescue) and today I got my first foster! Her name is Gem. She`s a 5 month old cattle dog/border collie cross and she`s super sweet. Here`s her page from PDCR. I`ll put up some spam of her at our place soon!

edit:

For some reason, I can`t get the keyboard to type the proper keys, so I`m having troubles with the html. Here`s the link:

http://prairiedogcaninerescue.blogspot.com/search/label/Gem

Comments

• edited November -1
    I cant seem to get the link to work? But congrats on fostering!!! You are doing a WONDERFUL thing!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats Heidi! That's wonderful. She looks like a sweet girl. I can't wait for the spam.
  • edited November -1
    Wow she's gorgeous! Grats! Have fun :) ~
  • edited November -1
    What a cute pup. A cattle dog and border collie mix? That is going to be one energy filled dog.
  • edited November -1
    How wonderful! Congrats!
  • edited November -1
    Wow, that is a cute dog. What a great thing you are doing for her! I love working in rescue and hopefully once we move into the new house we can provide a foster home for a dog. It just warms your heart and soul! GREAT WORK HEIDI!

What do the other dogs and kids think of your new addition?
  • edited November -1
    Thats wonderful for you! How does she get along with everyone?

I concur with Brandon! Energy galore!
  • edited November -1
    You're an inspiration, Heidi! With two kids, three dogs and two cats you've still made time for a rescue! And Gem looks like a sweetheart of a dog...actually, all the pups at the rescue are ADORABLE. I'm in love with Lulu.
  • edited November -1
    I, too, am in love with Lulu! She is adorable. :)

And so is Gem! Thank you so much for fostering her. I bet she will find a home quick. How are the kids (furry and non-furry) taking to the new addition?
  • edited February 2009
    Gem has been spayed and is in her forever home! Unfortunately I never managed to get a decent picture. It seems every time I was outside with the pups, my hands were too busy for picture-taking.

I'm currently fostering Matador, who was already being fostered by someone else, but they can no longer foster him. There's a couple interested in adopting him already so hopefully he gets adopted soon!

Also, I told them to send some pit bulls my way. Noah says he wants a pit bull and I'm not arguing!

Mat's page
  • edited November -1
    One adoption down and another one in the house. You guys are awesome.
  • edited November -1
    That's amazing news Heidi! Your awesome!
  • edited February 2009

• edited November -1
    That is totally wonderful! She's a beauty, and I am certain she will find her forever home!

I still can't top breaking down when I look at the listings....I'm a total mush when it comes to doggies.
  • edited February 2009
    Heidi: Mat is adorable! And looks like he is adoring his (albeit temporary) new living quarters with your pups! I'm sure the kiddos keep things going for him, too! Not sure where you get the energy for the dogs and the kids, but I applaud your big heart that you are extending to Mat, Gem and others!

Thanks for sharing the pics!
  • edited November -1
    Mat looks like he's having a great time! Its awesome that your pack is accepting of him!
  • edited November -1
    Mat definitely looks like one happy pup! Glad that Gem found her forever home, and that you are able to do so much for these guys. How are the kitties liking the new additions?
  • edited November -1
    The kitties aren't much into the new dogs, but they're doing okay. Ridley sits up on his hind legs and sort of waves/swats at them if they get too close for his liking. Hester just avoids rooms full of dogs.
  • edited November -1
    It's great that you are fostering! Just be careful that you don't end up keeping them all!
  • edited November -1
    Mat's a good looking guy!
    The Bialinger pups seems very hospitable to the new guy!
  • edited November -1
    Mat has been adopted! He's in his new home and has two other rescued dog buddies. I'm glad he's in his new home. He was a super dog.
  • edited November -1
    Yay!!! That's great news!! :o)
  • edited November -1
    wow! that is great news!
  • edited November -1
    Another quick adoption. Nice job Heidi and fam.
  • edited November -1
    Now I've got my hands full... I have two more babies! I have Billie and Gwen from this litter of ten puppies.

My hands are full now.
  • edited November -1
    Good job! Wow, 2 puppies at once.
  • edited November -1
    They're so cute!!
    That must be loads of work. How are your kids reacting? (furry and non-furry)
  • edited November -1
    Isaac was too rough on the puppies, so they're with someone else now. Unfortunately, it seems that Mat is coming back into rescue, so he'll be staying with us again.
  • edited November -1
    While the circumstances are kind of crappy, I would take a foster dog over foster puppies ANY day.
  • edited November -1
    I hope Mat finds a home that is a better fit next time. At least they returned him to the rescue instead of regulating him to a chain in the backyard or something equally as awful for the rest of his life. Not to imply that the previous adopters are those type of people, just that a lot of dogs end up in bad situations like that.