The "I Want This Dog" Thread

edited February 2009 in Rescue
Since Noah decided he wanted a pit bull, I have been pit bull crazy, looking at pics on petfinder and visiting the local animal shelter. I have yet to find the perfect pit bull locally, but I saw this one on petfinder: Venus. I am in love. If she were close, I'd adopt her in a second.

Comments

• edited November -1
    Oooh she is pretty! I'll grab her for you Heidi and drive up there!
  • edited February 2009
    If I adopted this one I would name her Princess Peach after the blonde Mario princess.

And these two little buddies are soooo sweet! Scotch and Soda
  • edited November -1
    Gorgeous girl - I love PB's unfortunately they are banned in the UK. Good luck with your search.
  • edited November -1
    We almost adopted a third dog into our home two weekends ago:

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12805088

We met him at "Adoption Day" at our local PetSmart, and spent almost 2 hours with him. He is the sweetest guy, despite the hard life he has lived. We even went through the paperwork to adopt him, but found out that he is absolutely miserable inside. Unfortunately, we live in the city and have a very small yard, so our home would not be what is best for him. (I even tried to convince my husband to move out to the county and buy some land...) He is in foster care, but still looking for a great home where he can spend his days outside living a life of luxury.
  • edited November -1
    Heidi, you know what is funny, Venus is in a Providence rescue, but the girl who runs that rescue is in Canada. Whacky coincidence.
  • edited November -1
    I want to adopt a Jindo sometime down the road.
  • edited November -1
    I love Pitbulls, as they are some of sweeeetest and most loving dogs I have ever met.
  • edited November -1
    Last night my landlord wanted to show our apartment to some prospective renters so I took the opportunity to take the dogs to PetsMart for some socialization and fun (and of course new toys!). We met a 6month old male pit bull who looked just like Venus. He was ADORABLE. His name was Romeo and he was a little nervous about Sake at first even though he was HUGE. They fell in love right away and were playing for a good ten minutes. We also met a Boxer pup (SUPER CUTE) and Pappillon (sp?). It was a fun trip!
  • edited November -1
    Don't get me started on the dogs I want lol. I went through Craigslist yesterday telling Errik all the dogs we needed to bring home :P

But as always, a hokka is #1 on the list.
  • edited November -1
    Oh I have been watching this terrier for MONTHS!

He looks delightfully stubby and naughty. (Also looks like he could hold his own with the Laika Trio!)

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10796705
  • edited November -1
    We had our hearts set on a diabetic Shiba, Beebe. Unfortunately she was adopted. I know it wasn't meant to be, we'll find T a little girlfriend some day.
  • edited November -1
    Dont look now but theres a litter of pitties at the animal shelter! Noah says well talk about it.
  • edited November -1
    I just got a call that there is a friend of a friend who needs to re-home is 12 week old male pit puppy. Because he doesn't know why he isn't housebroken yet (apparently children should be potty trained before their first tooth comes in too!).
    Any one on the east coat want a sweet adorable pit puppy?
  • edited November -1
    Well, we decided to wait for an adult to come to us through foster. Puppies always get adopted so quickly, it's better to give an older dog a chance. Plus, we know what we're getting with an older dog and puppies are more work.
  • edited November -1
    Good luck with your dog search, Heidi!
  • edited November -1
    Well, we've fallen for a jack russell terrier! I saw her being given away on freecycle so I took her with the intention of finding her a home at the upcoming adoption fair being held by the rescue I foster for... but I don't think I can let her go! Noah has fallen for her even more than I have, so I think we're keeping her! Her name was Izzy, but Noah has named her Nanook (meaning snow because she's all white). We did intend on adopting a pit bull, but this little girl fits in so well with our pack. She can hold her own against the big pups. She takes everything in stride and isn't put off by the nihon ken rough play. Her last owner gave her up because she was too nippy with their other dog, but I haven't had problems. She thinks she can take on Rakka, though, haha. Not that they've fought, she's just so full of confidence it's hilarious.

I'll post pictures as soon as I can, but my windows won't open for some reason and I don't have a driver for my camera in linux.

This is so weird because I had a dream last week that there was a white dog running around outside the house and I was really scared, then Noah told me not to be because we were supposed to adopt this dog. I said it wasn't a pit bull, but he told me it didn't matter. I don't know how seriously to take that, but I had a strong feeling that the pit bull pups at the shelter weren't for me because my dog was coming soon from somewhere else... Anyway... we're 90% sure we're keeping her.
  • edited November -1
    Wow Heidi, I never would have guessed a JRT would fit in with your pack. Congrats, I hope it works out. :-)
  • edited November -1
    wow! congrats!!! Can't wait to see Nanook spam!
  • edited November -1
    Congrats! JRs are cute but BOY do they have ENERGY! Well, it's not the energy that gets me...it's the SPUNK! lol

Congrats, always loved the name Nanook! SPAMSPAMSPAM! ~
  • edited November -1
    How could you NOT want this beautiful pup?????

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13205629
  • edited November -1
    o.o ohhh....i want..
  • edited November -1
    lol I know right?! ahahha It's such a pretty mix....shiba and Kishu! I wish it was closer to me so I could go check him out!
  • edited November -1
    Akita my ass, that is a pit bull. But since there are BSL in Ohio they probably trying to save a nice dog.
  • edited November -1
    i have to agree, i think that is more pit than anything
  • edited November -1
    That shiba/kishu is interesting... I wonder if a rescue knows about him..

And that 'akita', I agree - Jess's ass it is :)
  • edited November -1
    A Shiba Kishu mix? That doesn't really seem likely.