Fernando

Comments

• edited November -1
    can we say ROAD TRIP!
  • edited November -1
    Can I have all of them?
  • edited November -1

Yes. When do you want me to rent the van? I can be there Monday.

Don't think I wouldn'tWink

• edited November -1
    Hopefully in about 6 years I'll have enough space and stability to actually be able to take all of them. Errik is doomed for his cause of death to be drowning by puppy love. He doesn't know how to say no to me and I don't know how to say no to a purdy face Foot in mouth
  • edited November -1

I hate you Jess.

Heidi-education is key and im glad that Noah is well educated now.

Chad refuses to foster and that kills me.  I think that he knows we would never foster, we would drown in dogs.  Sasha has opened his eyes so much to pits and he realizes that the best pieces of her personality is her pit half (nothing against rotts). 

• edited November -1

Oh Rachel, I love you tooKiss Do feel free to come to Providence and I will take you to volunteer with me. The only thing I take comfort in is the knowledge that if I didn't go there these pups would have nothing but their cement walls and floors and the incesent barking that could drown you.

And my heart is warmed by the fact it is one place where I know they are all happy to see me no matter what. 

• edited February 2008

All those dogs are adorable and all deserve a loving home.  Gosh just makes me want to go find the owners who abadoned them and punch them in the face!!!  Jessica, I think you are really getting to me with these posts of yours.  I never realized how much dogs really mean to me.  Especially to see dogs that are helpless and handed off or let loose because of stupid humans who can't take responsibility! 

I swear, we should just all move to a 100 acre property, build seperate homes and build a rescue to provide a home for all these dogs.  If only life was that easy. 

When I was looking at all these dogs, Ninja came to mind...and I just thought about how he is scared of everything and gets territorial over me when I show interest in other dogs and it really makes me feel bad that I have such a poor tempered dog.  But then I think, what if someone else, less caring and responsible got him and just threw him away because of his personality.  He might have ended up as one of those dogs.   So it makes me more motivated to think that I can help Ninja overcome his fears and give him a chance at a happy life.

Sorry for the long emotional post.  We were at the dog park last night and i was petting a weimaraner puppy thats a regular there and Ninja started growling and then snapped at the puppy.  It broke my heart.  I feel so lost sometimes with him.  He is such a loving, loyal dog to John and I, and I just wish that he could relax in public and know that he's safe.  Im not sure if I can bring another puppy into my home now knowing that he gets aggressive with other dogs that i show attention to. 

Anyways, Jessica, I think its really awesome of you to go out of your way and try to do the best you can do to help these dogs.  You really are my Hero!

• edited November -1

This is the little girl that is killing me. She is probably Moto's size. If you spend any time with her you know all she wants is to curl up on your couch. I bet she is the worlds best snuggle bug.

And some asshole dumped her for animal control to pick up because they didn't want her anymore.

What is not to want!?!?!?

• edited November -1
    Aww such a cutie.
  • edited November -1
    UGH Jess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yell
  • edited November -1
    tell me about it
  • edited November -1
    Cry
  • edited November -1

Lets start with updates on the babies you have already seen.

We have good leads for Brody the American Bulldog/Great Dane, and Lady the one I posted most recently. I brought her to the vet today. She has no front teeth. They rotted out. And she apparently is only 6 she is just that badly neglected. But we have a lady who wants her!!! 

Fernando is still here and not doing well. He is so strong and has some serious anxiety issues that are not improving being at animal control.

I am presently very in love with the boy I call mystery brindle. His coat is amazing. It is almost as thick as Moto's. We don't know what he is. But he and I just have this special bond.

My blonde bombshell Sofia is doing pretty well. 

I don't know how dogs this wonderful end up here. What is wrong with people?

Here are pictures of the kids I was with today.

This is the first of 3 chihuahua who arrived here. They are such little loves.

Can you believe this face?

This one I've been calling Harry (Houdini) I would walk into the dog area and he would be roaming around. He kept wiggling out of his cage. I'm hoping that spunk will get him a home quick.

This girl is one hearty strong girl. She is a handful. But such a love.

Yup, I need a farm. 

• edited November -1
    Oh Jessica, you're killing me here!  Those pups are so adorable....what the hell is wrong with their owners?  Poor pups..
  • edited November -1

Volunteering at the shelter can be so hard.  Pit bulls really do get stressed out, the longer they are there, the worse it gets, always.  Not uncommon for them to start resource guarding, and then they are considered unadoptable because they don't pass temperament tests.  Ugh.  Bleeding tails from being wagged too much, cells covered in shit because they stress and poop throughout the night and then freak out jumping up and down in it.  Mornings can really be a mess in the cage of a stressed out dog.   And I volunteer at a humane society that is by most standards a really nice facility.

For those of you who have some extra hours in your week, think about volunteering at your local shelter.  Even if you can't go everyday, once a week is nice.  You can walk dogs, pet dogs, the interaction means everything to them.  You're heart will be broken though, most likely more than once.

• edited November -1
    *It should say bleeding tails from being wagged and hitting the wall too much.
  • edited November -1

Brandon is right. I thought I wasn't strong enough to volunteer. But then I realized that every positive experience these dogs have is likely going to give them the emotional strength to get through another day.

I may cry alot. But when you here someone wants the pup that you just took pictures of for petfinder, it is better than winning the lottery. 

• edited November -1

It's hard enough volunteering at a cat rescue 2-3 times a week, I don't think I could handle helping out anywhere else as well :(

I say this so much but really...I want a farm.

• edited November -1
    I have a farm... I just need my children to get older so I have more time for fostering and such.  
  • edited November -1
    The best thing when your kids get older...poop scooping duties!
  • edited November -1
    Jess have you thought about rescueing Fernando???

• edited November -1

Yeah. I have. The main thing is he is huge. He doesn't do too well with other dogs. His prey drive is really strong (four cats and chinchilla). He has severe anxiety and dug though a wooden fence in half an hour. I am presently in an apartment with 2 dogs and a shikoku puppy on the way.

There are no pit rescue groups who have been able to foster. We have contacted 29 other rescue groups in an attempt to move him to a healthier environment.

Now my only hope is an adopter. 

• edited November -1
    Oh and I am in the process of moving and closing on a house.
  • edited November -1
    Have you contacted Pitbulls for Life in Calgary?  They have shipped pups from other places.  Actually, there are quite a few rescue organizations in Alberta that get most of their dogs from the US.  The places I have looked into fostering for get dogs from other areas that are high kill and I knew someone on another dog forum who worked at a shelter where they sent dogs to Alberta quite frequently.  Anyway, it's something to think about.  It doesn't hurt to contact them anyway.  
  • edited November -1
    I will definitely look into that. Thank you.
  • edited November -1
    I want him so bad...If I didnt have Chad I would have WAY too many dogs!
  • edited November -1

Jay is in love with this guy.

pitbull/french bulldog I think.

We call him James Dean because he knows how cool he is.

But Jay isn't even fighting me on Mystery (I have to change that name) I am going to test him with other dogs this week. 

• edited November -1

OMG, I just did a search for homeless dogs and I came across these 3 pitbull/mix puppies that are 6 weeks old.  These pups even broke John's heart.  He was like "If we had a house, we would take all 3 of them"  ugh...i need a huge house.

These pups are located in Tustin, CA if you guys know anyone in the area who are interested, they can email to leslieoakley@sbcglobal.net or call 714-264-4532.

• edited November -1

*dies* I want a pit now :(

Which is VERY out of the ordinary. I thought pits were ugly little buggers till Jessica started sharing pit pictures. 

• edited November -1
    They will always find a way to burrow into your heart and under your blankets. Good luck telling them they are not sleeping with you.