American Akita Needs New Home - WA

edited March 2009 in Rescue
This was posted on Craiglist this week. Rita was abandoned at a boarding kennel September 2nd 2008.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pet/1069805670.html

Comments

• edited November -1
    What an adorable longhaired girl.
  • edited November -1
    We're going to go down and meet w/ Rita on Friday....who know's what may come of the encounter, we are keeping and open mind and heart. We'll put her through her paces and see how she does!
  • edited November -1
    Lemme know how she is... I can't guarantee anything, but I'd be willing to help if I could.
  • edited November -1
    Good luck meeting Rita! She sure is pretty!
  • edited November -1
    We just got back from visiting w/ Rita, and all I can say is, what a "sweet-heart"! Since you never know what to expect w/ a rescue/adoption, especially of an Akita, I was probably prepared for something far different than what we found. This dog has a truly sweet personality/disposition. She showed absolutely no dog agression, no food agression, no mouthiness, and a complete willingness to train (very food motivated)...she has "sit" down pat...as for other commands and leash trained...zero, so I'd have my work cut out for me. Health wise, she looks great and very well taken care of, she's a very sturdy pup. She has not been spayed yet, and based on what I've read about Akitas this might not be such a bad thing...as she is a very young two year old.

So, with a little luck and divine help she may have found a furever home here with us. We're keeping our fingers and toes crossed that the people who have kept her thus far are willing to allow us to adopt her! Her upcoming little shiba brother is still in utero. ;o)
  • edited November -1
    YAY, That is great news!

Good Luck with Rita's adoption!
  • edited November -1
    oh my! Congrats! She sounds like a keeper!!!
  • edited November -1
    YAY!!!! She sounds like a sweetheart, and totally worth the work :o)
  • edited November -1
    For your description, she seems like a wonderful dog.
    Good luck on adopting her.
  • edited November -1
    Holy Cow! Wow, will you be busy. Congratulations-she sounds very nice. I look forward to meeting her, hint hint.